Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
We got to watch 8 periods this morning. After today we are back to our customary 3. Let me start with God bless Josh Heupel and his morning practices. Beautiful morning with some wind.

The offense was very loose and free spirited. Just a lot of confidence on that side of the ball with so many veterans. Even the ones who haven’t played much but have been in the program for 3 years are carrying themselves a certain way.

The wide receivers spent a period working on release. As big as Bru McCoy is and he is big, Tillman is bigger having seen them stand side by side today. Walker Merrill drew praise from the coaches for his route running. Kelsey Pope was very demonstrative with his group.

As some of you have seen on Twitter, Squirrel White scorched Cam Miller in one on one work.

Kamal Hadden was very chatty and won several matchups during some one on one work.

Ohio State transfer Andre Turrentine and Georgia Tech transfer Wesley Walker are going to help this team in my opinion. They clearly have either experience or have played in a program like Ohio state and breads a certain mindset.

-AP

15-0

"DBs Kamal Hadden and Andre Turrentine (Ohio St transfer) bickered over who would defend All-SEC WR Cedric Tillman in 1-on-1 drills. They're in position battles and wanted the test of the team's best wide receiver." -Sparks

That’s what I like to hear. Iron sharpen Iron.

I think a more important predictor of success is experience. A 3-star with 2 years starting experience is generally going to be more successful than a 4/5 star who is just starting their first season.
This is a decent point also I would add our NIL game is just starting up for the most part. We’re going to be more active in the portal I feel like next year with the investigation mostly resolved as well. You’re going to see a balance between recruiting high school kids and snagging proven kids at other programs. Would you rather drop a half million on a high school kid that’s unproven at CB or jump on a kid that was underrated coming out of high school that’s proven themselves at a college program?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back