'19 CA ATH/WR Horace "Bru" McCoy (Tennessee commit)

Do you actually think that not answering is helpful?
It was my own screenshot 🤣

Well now I'm really confused 🤣

Edit: ok now I see the confusion for others. The ncaa doc I posted was merely saying "if your ONE transfer was in early Spring 2021 - you can still use the one-time rule" aka we're not going to punish you for transferring just before the rule was passed.

That is different than a 2nd transfer altogether.

That had me so confused why I was being quoted against my own quote 😅😂

Last edited:
I don't know diddly about this, except for my impression that the 21 transfer exception rule is for 2021, meaning not valid for 2022, which I think means that the open window closed before McCoy transferred. But I really do not know, and never will know from reading this thread on McCoy. Maybe that information will turn up in another player's thread.

I don't know diddly about this, except for my impression that the 21 transfer exception rule is for 2021, meaning not valid for 2022, which I think means that the open window closed before McCoy transferred. But I really do not know, and never will know from reading this thread on McCoy. Maybe that information will turn up in another player's thread.
The one time transfer exception is an ongoing rule. Now likely to be surpassed by the unlimited transfer exception rule.

Screenshot_20220723-212710_Chrome.jpg

Reactions: VolByLaw
I am almost positive this will stretch out way longer than it should and he will miss games because of it. I truly hope not, but we have seen over and over that the NCAA does not get in any kind of hurry, even if making the decision a priority would prove beneficial to the student athlete.

Didn't Bru transfer to Texas, meaning he already took his one time transfer?

Two different reasons for Bru to get to play...

Here is a cut and paste from an announcement you can see up a few posts..

the opportunity to compete immediately after transfer once in their period of eligibility.
The rule is now effective and applies to all student-athletes who want to transfer for the first time for the 2021-22 academic year. If a student has previously transferred, the waiver process is available.

1) Did Bru have an opportunity to compete immediately after the transfer to Texas? I think not. Did Bru have the opportunity to compete immediately after his transfer back to USC? I think not... so now he has transferred to UT and wants to use his one time exemption. What is the problem?

2) If they want to claim a transfer without competition is a problem on it's face, then the waiver process is still there and if he was not on either schools roster last year how can they deny him a waiver? Heck, I think I read he was not even allowed on the USC campus after the accusation against him last year.

Does anybody know if the waiver has to be officially applied for by the school or the player? If so, was it by either school last year? Was it approved by the NCAA? Can the exemption be used without stepping onto the field of play? The language says compete, not gain eligibility.

One last thing, I know the data bases I look at for the portal may not be NCAA owned, but I cannot find Bru listed by either USC or TX from 20' going forward except the move from USC to UT. Can you trigger one time without going through the portal? Was a transfer that counts against the rule ever legally completed? Anybody?

Milton= 1 player
Playing the most important position on the field and solely responsible for those overthrows.

I'm not anti-Milton. I actually think he's salvageable and will be the starter in '23 while they work with Nico and Jackson. But his overthrows completely changed the complexion of that game. It easily could have looked like Mizzou and USCe... actually it should have.

I could argue about it by pretending to know stuff I do not know, but I think I won't.

I have posted info on the situation, and do KNOW this.... He has not transferred to a school and avoided sitting a year by using a one-time transfer exemption which is the intent of the rule.

Not sure that is really in play though, since he was removed from the USC team and sat out all of last year after transferring back there from Texas. Why would he not be free to enroll anywhere he wants?

Some additional knowledge on his USC situation.

xxxxxxxxxxxx
USC had kept the suspension in place through the 2021 season even though the Los Angeles County district attorney’s office declined to file charges in August, citing insufficient evidence in a case it referred to as “he said, she said domestic violence.”

McCoy denied her allegations and his attorneys described her in a November court filing as “a threatening, unpredictable, and violent individual who does not respect Mr. McCoy’s wishes or boundaries.”

USC filed a Title IX complaint against McCoy but dropped it after the woman — who was not a USC student — declined to take part in a hearing and allow the school access to her medical records.
xxxxxxxxxxxxx

He filed but later dropped a case against USC after USC competed his entry into the portal.

Plenty more out there to read if you google him.

Bet our staff is sharing a lot of it with the NCAA. Don't know how ONE-TIME or another waiver cannot be in play for this situation.

If he is not approved quickly, I suggest we have him stand right behind Coach the whole game with a FREE ME NCAA sign.

What’s the hold up with Bru? Is this going to bleed into the season like BYoung last year?

-Hubbs
dumbledore-frustrated.gif

VN Store

Back