'19 CA ATH/WR Horace "Bru" McCoy (Tennessee commit)

I am almost positive this will stretch out way longer than it should and he will miss games because of it. I truly hope not, but we have seen over and over that the NCAA does not get in any kind of hurry, even if making the decision a priority would prove beneficial to the student athlete.
Read somewhere that he's been injured somehow/someway so missing the first game or so won't be a big deal. I'm not counting on any juco or transfer until they show me something on the field....especially one with a history like Bru's. I'm not terribly worried about WR.

Reactions: walkenvol
Does anybody have a gold guess as to what the hold up is? It doesn't make sense with everyone else getting waivers immediately.
Lots o' transfers I suppose.

Depends what the argument is too. Something against USC (the lawsuit)? They may push back on a narrative that makes them look bad. They have time to respond/or help, could just be jerks.

My biggest issue with this isn't the possibility of a "no". My biggest issue is that they drag these things out for absolutely no good reason. The facts are known. He's either eligible or he isn't. JUST SAY IT.
Not that simple when various parties have certain timetables to respond. It's like the NCAA case. Easy to say everyone knows all the facts, but certain folks have time to respond and some will use up every last minute to do so.

Reactions: bobbyutvol
Not that simple when various parties have certain timetables to respond. It's like the NCAA case. Easy to say everyone knows all the facts, but certain folks have time to respond and some will use up every last minute to do so.

Who has to respond? Did USC not enter him into the portal? The same school that did not allow him on campus even after he was cleared by law enforcement and forced him into a redshirt year. Berryvol just had a great post about Powell on the BB board, who obviously has transferred more than once and has already been cleared to play at his next stop. Bru has NEVER avoided sitting a year by using the rule change. This would be his FIRST time to use ONE time.

Seems like the NCAA just decides who to screw over based on who they like and don't like. It doesn't take this long to look at the facts and decide. Some get the nod in a matter of hours/days, everyone else gets a finger. Buncha overpowered, self-important traffic cops that can hide behind bureaucracy.

VN Store

Back