Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
This would be awful...

Edit: I just capt obvious myself.

Just read this entire report. Poor woman. She had food in her tent and in her road bicycle. But she was in a town sleeping in a tent near several buildings, not in the backcountry. She moved the food out of her tent after the bear was seen snooping around, but I guess she still had the scent of berries in her tent as she used an old food bag for storing toiletries. The exam found she had tried to use her bear spray in the tent. Just awful. These are obviously things you would expect a back country hiker to know absolutely not to do. But can never be too careful when sleeping outside in Western Montana.

Also...

Eating margarine causes divorces in Maine.
img.jpg

Nicolas Cage movies kill:

img.jpg

Eating more cheese will make a nation better educated.

img.png

Interestingly enough there is a downside to cheese eating, as it causes people to die by getting tangled in their bed sheets.

Kentucky marriages cause fishing boat drownings.

Oddly, buying Japanese cars causes car crash suicides.

Spurious Correlations (tylervigen.com)

This is awesome…

Somebody is horrified that that made Tweeter.

Allen Phillips (tn.gov)

ETA: Not saying that's him. Just an unfortunate Tennessee name to have on that asinine post as it escapes VN.
No. His post history says he is a born and raised Tiger High fan who later moved to Knoxville and began saying "we" and "us." Lady Vols poster, mostly.

I only see one post ever to the RF. It's about what you'd expect.

8A7468D1-F7E2-4C3B-AF2D-BA4782353BCE.jpeg

You create bonds that cannot be broken and the character that you see in people thru their sacrifices is beyond amazing. Also thank you for serving. Serving in some form is something that I wish was a National Requirement. Military, Peace Corp, Inner City Service--there is something everybody can do. You seem to appreciate things more when you have some skin in the game.
1658805265688.gif

No. His post history says he is a born and raised Tiger High fan who later moved to Knoxville and began saying "we" and "us." Lady Vols poster, mostly.

I only see one post ever to the RF. It's about what you'd expect.

View attachment 475394
If my name was Allen Phillips from Tennessee, I'd be horrified that that illogical, stupid, sodomy-laden Tennessee forum screenshot hit the wider Twittersphere with my name on it.

Anyone see ESPN give both their QB commits a better rating than Nico? I'm really interested to hear how they're BOTH better. That is absolutely criminal and one of the worst bama bumps you'll see out there. A bag or two had to have been passed.

On a serious note Billy sat down and spoke with us for a bit, sharing stories and what not. He's a nice dude, the menu looked solid and we all appreciated his hospitality. @InVOLuntary @OGbabyaviVol and @Sugaray13 left before we did because they needed to catch the Murder She Wrote marathon.

You're making that up. Invol has the special edition VHS series of MSW, signed by Angela Lansbury. He would never need to leave to watch it on TV. In fact, I think he throws a free set of videos in with the purchase of a new floaty trailer.

Anyone see ESPN give both their QB commits a better rating than Nico? I'm really interested to hear how they're BOTH better. That is absolutely criminal and one of the worst bama bumps you'll see out there. A bag or two had to have been passed.
From everything I’ve heard, the kid Oregon got may be the best QB recruit in the country, with nico and arch a toss up for second. I never hear anybody mention the USC kid for best in the class.

Reactions: Wokepack
Whose argument are you making?

To say that highly rated players are GENERALLY correctly rated is actually decoupling their abilities from the rating.

And to say that the highly rated players are generally "bigger, stronger, faster, more athletic, ect." is not the same thing as saying that ALL "bigger, stronger, faster, more athletic, ect." players will be highly rated. To confuse the two arguments would be fallacious. (i.e. The logic that there are equally desirable talents out there that aren't highly rated for some reason.)

Anyone arguing causation as opposed to correlation, I'll challenge you to this: "What SPECIFIC ATTRIBUTE of stars gives athletes the winning advantage, and why?"

If you can't answer that, then you're misusing correlation in an argument.

Easy, the more elite measureables you have, the higher your star rating.

Reactions: BigOrangeTrain
Help me understand this then.....Let's take our highest rated players in the 21 class, our 4 stars per 247, Rivals was similar without the juco

Willis, Marley, Salter, Nixon, Merrill* and Evans...

among our lowly 3 stars are Byron Young and Jaylen Wright...

OOPS....

Granted it was a late breaking emergency class... but it still points out the fallacy of just relying on star rankings. You can't bank on 4 stars and you can't write off 3 stars on signing day. You have to wait a couple or three years to compare production to rankings. The yields should be higher with more star guys but it is possible to add enough of the right 3 stars to have reason to celebrate your staff's evaluation abilities while 3 more groups just like those six 4 star guys to make a class of 24 would not help much.

The data still stands. The teams that have won national titles since 1998 have have higher rated classes than others. You will never see a team loaded with 3 stars win a natty. Not gonna happen.....never have since the BCS era.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back