Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got the first book of the Malazan series; it looks very promising.
Prepare to be confused. There's almost no info dumps or setup in book 1, just throws you in the deep end. Just keep reading. Book 2 and 3 are where the series blows you away, book 1 is a solid but somewhat confusing warm up that makes more sense as you keep going.

I had to drive 20+ hours a week in a previous job. It took about 2 weeks of music before I started hating music in the car (it's so monotonous after a while), been an audio book only guy ever since.

Can't do audio books so I listen to a mixture of stand up comedy, comedy podcasts, Talkin Vawls, Locked On Vols, Late Kick, book reviews and the opera chick that breaks down hard rock/metal vocals.

Reactions: jave36
Teams that recruit at a higher level have more success. I don't understand why that is so hard to understand. The higher rated players are generally bigger, stronger, faster, more athletic, ect. You stack as many guys like that as you can together and you will have more success.

Help me understand this then.....Let's take our highest rated players in the 21 class, our 4 stars per 247, Rivals was similar without the juco

Willis, Marley, Salter, Nixon, Merrill* and Evans...

among our lowly 3 stars are Byron Young and Jaylen Wright...

OOPS....

Granted it was a late breaking emergency class... but it still points out the fallacy of just relying on star rankings. You can't bank on 4 stars and you can't write off 3 stars on signing day. You have to wait a couple or three years to compare production to rankings. The yields should be higher with more star guys but it is possible to add enough of the right 3 stars to have reason to celebrate your staff's evaluation abilities while 3 more groups just like those six 4 star guys to make a class of 24 would not help much.

This would be awful...

Edit: I just capt obvious myself.

When bears kill humans (not just your random mauling but a genuine predatory attack), they do horrible things to us. It's well documented... they like to keep prey alive. It's akin to being tortured to death because they will pin their prey down and consume it alive. They don't bother killing the prey first. I really hope that's not what happened here.

Reactions: SoilVol and TheRain
When bears kill humans (not just your random mauling but a genuine predatory attack), they do horrible things to us. It's well documented... they like to keep prey alive. It's akin to being tortured to death because they will pin their prey down and consume it alive. They don't bother killing the prey first. I really hope that's not what happened here.
I've heard that they eat their prey @ss first like many of the posters on this board.... I'll see myself out.

Well... I can imagine you being so deluded you actually believe that too.

Did you deal with the cause-effect post? Bet you didn't. Totally blew your mind, didn't it?

enhanced-buzz-1129-1365534361-10.jpg

enhanced-buzz-orig-5157-1365534704-6.jpg

enhanced-buzz-orig-25474-1365534595-29.jpg

enhanced-buzz-29559-1365540224-3.jpg

enhanced-buzz-26444-1365540480-1.jpg

enhanced-buzz-14377-1365540699-7.jpg

Also...

Eating margarine causes divorces in Maine.
img.jpg

Nicolas Cage movies kill:

img.jpg

Eating more cheese will make a nation better educated.

img.png

Interestingly enough there is a downside to cheese eating, as it causes people to die by getting tangled in their bed sheets.

Kentucky marriages cause fishing boat drownings.

Oddly, buying Japanese cars causes car crash suicides.

Spurious Correlations (tylervigen.com)

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back