Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
sa
How about you share some of your documented support to this statement.
I have several times…. Back in the 90’s…. I worked at a produce market owned by Phil Fulmer’s best friend…. Phil Fulmer and Thunder use to frequent this produce market…. I became good friends with the owner due to our passion for the Vols…. I was told several inside stories about what went on at UT……Car dealerships giving our players vehicles…. The coaching staff had a vol gear after every game that was loaded down with cash for the players…. They would also put money in volgear for recruits.

WoT was my all time favorite until a few years ago. I went back to reread it and either my taste had changed or I had read so much better since then and it didn't hold up anymore. The middle slog especially was brutal, never let a family member be your editor. That series should have been 3 books shorter at least.

Still, one of the seminal fantasy works of all time. Book 3 or 4, whichever one Rand walks through the rings, was one of my all time reading moments. Right up there with Enders Game when you find out it's real. Mind was totally blown.
I've heard book 6 is the main drag. I've also heard a complaint that the characters are really stupid. So far they kind of are but they are also kids at this point.

Reactions: Glitch
Ok Ladies and Gentlemen, I know a lot of you are book fans and I bought a Kindle Paperwhite during Prime Days but I need a book to read. I am a big fan of Stephen King, Neil Gaiman, RR Martin, Lovecraft etc. (I love Horror, Sci-Fi, Dark Fantasy and Fantasy) but I will read anything that's good even Lit Fic (basically I read just about any genre except romance as I find those cheesy as hell). So hit me up with your suggestions.
Brandon Sanderson, Stormlight Archive series. You're welcome.

I've heard book 6 is the main drag. I've also heard a complaint that the characters are really stupid. So far they kind of are but they are also kids at this point.
They act human for most of the series. Which is why I liked it so much. Most humans would be stupid in their situations

Ok Ladies and Gentlemen, I know a lot of you are book fans and I bought a Kindle Paperwhite during Prime Days but I need a book to read. I am a big fan of Stephen King, Neil Gaiman, RR Martin, Lovecraft etc. (I love Horror, Sci-Fi, Dark Fantasy and Fantasy) but I will read anything that's good even Lit Fic (basically I read just about any genre except romance as I find those cheesy as hell). So hit me up with your suggestions.

Besides Lovecraft, have you ever read any of the old horror from the early 20th century? A lot of it is free (or extremely cheap) on the kindle store like the works of MR James, Arthur Machen, Robert Chambers, and Algernon Blackwood? They are mostly short stories and a few novella length. I can recommend a lot of specific stories if you’re interested.

Reactions: UTProf
I've only read the first trilogy. Can't find the others on Libby and I don't want to buy them on Audible

www.onlinefreereadnovel.com
It has damn near every fantasy series you can think of as long as the book is more than a year or two old....and sometimes if they are newer.

I don't judge
copycat-cat.gif

How is Wilt not on that list?

I would have never put Carmelo Anthony and probably Anthony Davis on a top 50 list. Not sure about Dwight Howard either.
Last 50 years. But if it was all time, it'd also be missing Bill Russell.

I think Bernard King should be higher.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back