Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
iu

iu

This part of the summer is always fun. ;)

Wonder if any of the players that received money will get punished as well.
In this environment? About 0% chance. Few years ago, yes.

That said, it was illegal at the time. The coaches will be punished, so imo the players that knowingly took impermissible benefits should be too. But it won't happen.

I mean, other schools have used that tactic with smashing success. But for this school at this time, it appears that the cooperative approach was the best one.
Idk who those other programs are, except LSU, who looks worse off than us at this point. Not that keeping Pruitt would have been a good thing for us lol.

The funny thing is most of those folks said, "now is the time to give the double gauldens because lol the ncaa (or any successor?) will be dead in 6 months (and we'll just get away with it?)". How wrong they were once again. It seems we're headed towards the best possible outcome, considering an outrageous EIGHTEEN Level 1 violations. That might normally sink a program.

This is honestly my take at this point. Whats the AA gonna do retroactively punish TN? Theyre a toothless tiger with no leg to stand on to punish anybody with it being legal to sign these kids to contracts now.
Clay is simply wrong. Colleges STILL CANNOT PAY PLAYERS DIRECTLY.

I thought Clay had a law degree. Oh wait, from Vandy 😅

Sooo… Since the Pruitt scandal occurred we’ve gotten rid of every single football coach and the AD. All of the players that were caught getting paid are gone. On top of that the NCAA has lost some teeth and players are openly being paid left and right now. Will the NCAA want to make an example of us?

@LA Vol any thoughts?

Reactions: jakez4ut
Looks like the leadership at UT stepped up and handled this deal like a boss. I remember posters on saying I wouldn’t self impose nothing 😏. Hopefully we’re on our way back to the top WHERE WE BELONG, I’ve got a world of confidence in DW.
Keep those receipts, @VOLSONLY !

Sooo… Since the Pruitt scandal occurred we’ve gotten rid of every single football coach and the AD. All of the players that were caught getting paid are gone. On top of that the NCAA has lost some teeth and players are openly being paid left and right now. Will the NCAA want to make an example of us?

@LA Vol any thoughts?
An example of what?

"Exemplary cooperation"?

"A model for all others"?

In short. Helllll nah.

Y'all are way more optimistic than me. I think the tone around here is gonna change big time when the NCAA hands us a bowl ban this year.

The news today is confirmation that they aren't gonna hit us with USC type sanctions, but that's it as far as I can tell. The whole "UT is the standard" business means nothing to me. As with any beurocracy, it's not like the NCAA is concerned with consistency in message.

For all of you parents, when did you bring your kid to their first game? I’m wanting to bring my 5 year old for his first game. Maybe Akron
I took my son to the bowl game last year in Nashville and he enjoyed it. We lasted until the middle of the 4th then he wanted to go. Best part is watching him get so excited. He was 4 then. But we have been to a few Titans games before. Haven't made the trip with him to Neyland yet. I don't think he will make it for the whole game yet. But he really likes the game day environments and gets really excited for all that. Be ready to carry em on your shoulders for those long hikes lol. Whenever you make the trip you will love it that's for sure.

Y'all are way more optimistic than me. I think the tone around here is gonna change big time when the NCAA hands us a bowl ban this year.

The news today is confirmation that they aren't gonna hit us with USC type sanctions, but that's it as far as I can tell. The whole "UT is the standard" business means nothing to me. As with any beurocracy, it's not like the NCAA is concerned with consistency in message.

New NCAA constitution mandates they not punish current student athletes for the crimes of others. Nothing will happen to us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back