Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now that Notice of Allegations is public, I can say that none of this would have been a big deal if Pruitt and Company had not brought in prospects and paid their way during Covid dead period. That crossed a line that very few schools crossed because of the unknowns of the Covid virus health consequences at that time. The vast majority of schools abided by the no visit rule in fear of health risks.
The recruits we brought in during Covid dead period talked to other coaches and everyone in P5 knew we crossed the line. I had heard from a P5 coach in May-June 2020 that Vols could be in big trouble for this. I do not believe any coaches outside UT turned us in. When this started leaking, then everyone had to go. Clean house. I am so glad our administration made the right decision.
All the other violations most likely are the result of follow up and further investigation to come clean. Hopefully this is behind us

Now that Notice of Allegations is public, I can say that none of this would have been a big deal if Pruitt and Company had not brought in prospects and paid their way during Covid dead period. That crossed a line that very few schools crossed because of the unknowns of the Covid virus health consequences at that time. The vast majority of schools abided by the no visit rule in fear of health risks.
The recruits we brought in during Covid dead period talked to other coaches and everyone in P5 knew we crossed the line. I had heard from a P5 coach in May-June 2020 that Vols could be in big trouble for this. I do not believe any coaches outside UT turned us in. When this started leaking, then everyone had to go. Clean house. I am so glad our administration made the right decision.
All the other violations most likely are the result of follow up and further investigation to come clean. Hopefully this is behind us
Arizona State getting caught for the same thing and not cleaning house or cooperating may help us.

Reactions: Ace
Just for fun, a random spattering of posts revolving just around the time of the hire. No judgments 😅 We all try to be optimistic on a new coach.

View attachment 474594View attachment 474595View attachment 474596View attachment 474597View attachment 474598View attachment 474599View attachment 474600View attachment 474601

Haha I stand by my comment in that. Pruitt or Tucker at least had a tiny bit of potential. I love Tee but he wasn’t ready for that and Steele would have had about 10 panic attacks before he was fired. Of the available options left when Fulmer took over, it was down to those two. Hindsight says we should have went Tucker, but at the same time, I really don’t think Tuckers current Mich State success would have translated to UT. IMO, only difference in Pruitt or Tucker at UT is Tucker probably doesn’t leave the NCAA mess behind.

For all of you parents, when did you bring your kid to their first game? I’m wanting to bring my 5 year old for his first game. Maybe Akron
Took a 4 year old. Just happened to be Peyton's last home game! He slept the last quarter, but was into the game up until he gave out.

All this 🦬💩 really rankles me...Bama, UGA, Clemson, OSU have been blatantly and obviously buying elite classes for over a decade and handing out cash, cars and houses like Oprah on crack...and we get busted for buying kids and their families BBQ, Chic-fil-A and Mickey D's, and giving kids a couple grand or a few hundy's here and there?

This is all 🦬💩

All this 🦬💩 really rankles me...Bama, UGA, Clemson, OSU have been blatantly and obviously buying elite classes for over a decade and handing out cash, cars and houses like Oprah on crack...and we get busted for buying kids and their families BBQ, Chic-fil-A and Mickey D's, and giving kids a couple grand or a few hundy's here and there?

This is all 🦬💩

And being set as an example of co-operation. Pathetic and speaks to other issues.

Where do these dumbasses come from?
I’m not sure he even read what came out. He probably had that article on standby and just needed to update the # of infractions and hit send. Funny part was there was a Rutgers fan in the replies thanking Tennessee fans because they got Schiano back and he “took” them to a bowl game last year!😀

Watching the player interviews today from SECMD... Man.. There was a time when players had nothing to gain from saying anything. Only bad stuff could happen. So you could forgive them for going into mindless football cliches until someone grabbed the mic back.

But now. Endless NIL possibilities from fan engagement. Say something interesting. Put it on a T shirt.

Hooker... Flowers, Tillman... Love them to death. But damn lol. I wonder if the next generation coming through with NIL will be more interested in honing their public speaking and putting themselves out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back