Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
God bless all the folks that thought Donde and DW were mishandling things.

And all those "just give the ncaa the middle finger" folks that clearly never have to deal with adult society.

Boy were they wrong.

Plowman's raise and DW's salary are a drop in the bucket for the financial savings they navigated and future revenue that is about to come in. Football tickets aren't quite as easy to get, and all 3 major sports have a huge buzz around them.

When you look at the actual allegations that occurred...to me, they just read like people with money sparing money for those in need. Impermissible or not, that appears to be what it was. It must suck to be a national writer today. They were hoping the hammer would be dropped on us. They'll still act like it was, but honestly this has turned out majorly in our favor. None of this appears to be a "pay for play" type of arrangement or anything.

I'm imagining a recruit telling Pruitt and/or his wife about how their family back at home can't make rent. I can see Pruitt saying "I know the rules, but these people need help, and I got money, so I'm gonna help them."

I'll take this over most alternatives. GBO.

Last edited:
God bless all the folks that thought Donde and DW were mishandling things.

And all those "just give the ncaa the middle finger" folks that clearly never have to deal with adult society.

Boy were they wrong.

I mean, other schools have used that tactic with smashing success. But for this school at this time, it appears that the cooperative approach was the best one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back