Josh Heupel at SECMD

Last year, he often mentioned allergies in press conferences. I now think this is not ever going away. Not sure if it's his "nervous tick" or what, but once you notice it it becomes very annoying.
Big Pharma makes stuff for that.
Pills, inhalants and shots.
Who knew?

We didn’t have a single player in the back 6 or 7 that would have started for one of the teams we lost to last year. Probably not even Pitt. We added at least 3 players in Pearce/ Joseph’s and West that had interest from the Bamas/ UGAs and Clemsons of the world. He’s added at least two more this year in Herring and Bradley and it’s just July. Plus significantly upgrading the back end with Smith/ Slaughter. Also it might just possibly been his DCs 1st year with his players. Ohhh wait ….again it was.
Alontae Taylor says hello.

Speaking of weight anybody know a good diet to try and lose some weight. I’m 6’1 and 273 and would like to drop 30lbs. I have a beer gut that I just can’t get rid of.

Speaking of weight anybody know a good diet to try and lose some weight. I’m 6’1 and 273 and would like to drop 30lbs. I have a beer gut that I just can’t get rid of.

There are several diets, workout programs, etc that you can do to achieve that. Back in 2017, I lost 70 lbs and have kept most of it off. I downloaded a calorie counting app on my phone called LoseIt and tracked everything that I ate/drink. I also began working out 6-7 days per week. 3 days of weight training and at least 3 days, sometimes 4 days of cardio. I would make sure to stay under my daily calorie goal for the day and if I ate more that day, I would workout longer to get under the calorie count. I also cut out alcohol for the first 4 months. Calorie counting is really easy and it works if you follow it.

Take Metformin whether you’re diabetic or not. Trust me.

I’m kidding don’t do that. Your body will take 60 days to adjust to it while you poop and cramp and generally wish for death. It Will also cause you to sunburn after being outside for an hour and I’m very dark complected. If you’re already taking Lisinopril you can consult with a cardiologist about going on the Z version that’s a fluid remover. I lost about 12 pounds just off that.

Reactions: sunnyvol79
It could be blood pressure meds. He is slightly overweight, as is my brother, and he has the same uncontrollable cough as a side effect from Lisinopril.
What I can tell of Heup, he probably also wants to get in better shape to actually demonstrate things to his QBs. The man is laid back, but you can sense the competitor in him. He remembers what if feels like to take snaps himself

Yep you’re right.
Theo Jackson would have started for most SEC teams.

IMHO, the breakdowns especially on 3rd down were more scheme and coaching than talent. Not that more talent and depth aren't needed... but there were some good players. Too good to be that bad on 3rd down.

UT cannot play "soft". They need to be pressure 100% of the time.

Reactions: HalfullVol
Big Pharma makes stuff for that.
Pills, inhalants and shots.
Who knew?
Big Pharma will Sell you cures. Those „cures“ will have side effects. But don’t worry, big Pharma has cures for the side effects. Now of course THOSE cures for side effects will themselves have side effects. But don’t worry…….

IMHO, the breakdowns especially on 3rd down were more scheme and coaching than talent. Not that more talent and depth aren't needed... but there were some good players. Too good to be that bad on 3rd down.

The third down breakdowns also came from fatigue. Depth is the cure for that and Heup is working hard on that

Reactions: Indianavfl
What I can tell of Heup, he probably also wants to get in better shape to actually demonstrate things to his QBs. The man is laid back, but you can sense the competitor in him. He remembers what if feels like to take snaps himself

Yep....the competitor, I don't think that ever goes away.

Last edited:

I didn’t say they wouldn’t have started for SEC teams. I said they wouldn’t have started for the teams we lost to maybe even Pitt. Jackson or Taylor might have started for Pitt or OM. Not a shot at Bama/ Florida or Georgia.

Even thin people can have high blood pressure. : )

I was just offering a possible reason for the chronic cough.....
I wasn’t connecting dots. He just looks healthier. And you’re right. I’m 6’1 180. 54yo and high blood pressure.

I didn’t say they wouldn’t have started for SEC teams. I said they wouldn’t have started for the teams we lost to maybe even Pitt. Jackson or Taylor might have started for Pitt or OM. Not a shot at Bama/ Florida or Georgia.
That's speculative. Taylor was drafted in the 2nd round so the NFL disagrees with your opinion about him being one of the top CFB CB's.

The third down breakdowns also came from fatigue. Depth is the cure for that and Heup is working hard on that
Depth will help but I just don't trust what Banks did last year. If a fairly average fan can sit at home and know what the opponent is going to do then you would hope your DC would too.

You can't stop the opponent in everything they try to do... but there comes a point when you just try to make them do something different. When an opponent beats you over and over... one game into the next... with the same plays and types of plays- that has to fall on your DC.

VN Store

Back