Josh Heupel at SECMD

A coach comfortable in his own skin who doesn’t try to be something or somebody he isn’t. Reminds me of Majors in that way. No spin, no „winning the press conference“, no catch phrases, no „working like heck“ or „champions of life“

In his later years, Fulmerspeak was absolutely nauseating. I especially liked how he would bring in a blue chip recruit, turn him over to his pal Randy Sanders, and when the kid would falter because of an utter inability to develop talent on Sanders' part, Fulmer would turn on the kid and use the passive phrase 'failed to develop'. Also really enjoyed watching him waddle around the sidelines and clap and grimace when his team would fail to execute, then talk about 'failure to execute' at the presser, speaking as if coaching had NOTHING to do with it.

The early-mid 90s Fulmer was a good coach, after the natty, it was all about the paycheck.

Reactions: OrangeBeachVol
In his later years, Fulmerspeak was absolutely nauseating. I especially liked how he would bring in a blue chip recruit, turn him over to his pal Randy Sanders, and when the kid would falter because of an utter inability to develop talent on Sanders' part, Fulmer would turn on the kid and use the passive phrase 'failed to develop'. Also really enjoyed watching him waddle around the sidelines and clap and grimace when his team would fail to execute, then talk about 'failure to execute' at the presser, speaking as if coaching had NOTHING to do with it.

The early-mid 90s Fulmer was a good coach, after the natty, it was all about the paycheck.

"The early-mid 90s Fulmer was a good coach, after the natty, it was all about the paycheck." You know how STUPID that sounds?

Reactions: walkenvol
SEC network isn’t included with my current Directv package and I know several UT games are shown there. But it’s gonna be about an extra $50 a month. I already feel like I’ve been missing out. Decisions decisions

SEC network isn’t included with my current Directv package and I know several UT games are shown there. But it’s gonna be about an extra $50 a month. I already feel like I’ve been missing out. Decisions decisions

Fire Stick + Hulu was our solution and I’ll never go back .

Heupel is the smartest and best coach we have had since Lane. He is a offensive mastermind I just wish he cared more about the defensive side of the ball.
He is smarter than Lane IMO, but Lane definitely is a great offensive mind.

Same here! But it keeps me alive so I deal with it. Lol.
Yes that’s probaly it, I take Lisinopril and have a cough that comes and goes.
It could be blood pressure meds. He is slightly overweight, as is my brother, and he has the same uncontrollable cough as a side effect from Lisinopril.

Take Lisonopril here as well.
Went to the doctor a little over a year ago and mentioned the cough, she recommended different OTC allergy meds.
Said it tends to be a different one for each person, but try them all individually for 30 days and see what works.
For me it ended up being the generic Claritin...still get a cough from time to time, but it's not constant any longer.

I think the key here was that 30 days thing for it to work and take it everyday at the same time...

"The early-mid 90s Fulmer was a good coach, after the natty, it was all about the paycheck." You know how STUPID that sounds?

I think its accurate and not STUPID at all. After the Natty Fulmer went into coast mode. All you have to do is look at his recruiting classes.. After 2001 when the last of his top level recruiting classes graduated the talent level went down every year after that and when Cut left he was in big trouble. Seems like he thought winning the natty was the top of the mtn, and it was, and he was satisfied and his drive to succeed was no longer there. He stayed too long after he reached the mtn top.

I think its accurate and not STUPID at all. After the Natty Fulmer went into coast mode. All you have to do is look at his recruiting classes.. After 2001 when the last of his top level recruiting classes graduated the talent level went down every year after that and when Cut left he was in big trouble. Seems like he thought winning the natty was the top of the mtn, and it was, and he was satisfied and his drive to succeed was no longer there. He stayed too long after he reached the mtn top.
Yeah, the #3 2007 class, the #4 2005 class, #11 2004, #2 2002 classes were SOO BAAAAD in the recruiting rankings. He had 1 class from 2002-end that was outside the Top 25 (35 in 2008), and 1 other (23 in 2006) that was outside the top 20.

2002 Team Rankings

Yeah, the #3 2007 class, the #4 2005 class, #11 2004, #2 2002 classes were SOO BAAAAD in the recruiting rankings. He had 1 class from 2002-end that was outside the Top 25 (35 in 2008), and 1 other (23 in 2006) that was outside the top 20.

2002 Team Rankings

Player evaluations and player development were the biggest problems. Lots of recruiting misses in those classes. The high class rankings don't mean much if the players never really produced.

Reactions: VOLfrombama
Player evaluations and player development were the biggest problems. Lots of recruiting misses in some of those classes. The high class rankings don't mean much if the players never really produced.
That's not the argument Beach was making, though. He's whining about Fulmer's "lack of top rated recruiting classes since 2001", and I showed that he's dead wrong about that.

That's not the argument Beach was making, though. He's whining about Fulmer's "lack of top rated recruiting classes since 2001", and I showed that he's dead wrong about that.

I answered you in my post #88. Sorry your so butt hurt over Fulmer's slow decline.

I agree with you on Banks, I have little faith in him I go back to the Ole Miss game and them running the same play again and again with Matt Corral running up the middle for 200 yards rushing then Kentucky shredding us and Purdue in bowl game jusf alot of the same plays over and over getting big chunks of yardage down the field and Banks made zero adjustments.
Not sold on Banks as DC. You got a better one? Not looking to pick a fight. Throw out a few names for an intelligent conversation.

Reactions: SoddyAllVol
The problem with Fulmer in his later years was not so much noticed by a lot of us fans as it was by most ADs across the country. When he finally did go, there was no rush by any P5 type program to put him on their staffs or make him a head coach.

The problem with Fulmer in his later years was not so much noticed by a lot of us fans as it was by most ADs across the country. When he finally did go, there was no rush by any P5 type program to put him on their staffs or make him a head coach.
Always found it funny no P5 program wanted him. Why?

Reactions: vol94

2002 Team Rankings
Yeah, he did great with those classes, not. Thus he was fired, justifiably so. Hiring Kiffen was a good move, the buyout was stupid. If only.

Reactions: vol94

VN Store

Back