Kirby says he was ready to step down in Summer 2021

They're first in the SEC right now, sixth in the nation so they seem to be doing okay.

The offensive recruiting is what is giving their fans concern. Georgia’s class is VERY defense heavy right now. Out of 15 commits, they have 5 offensive players. 2 TE’s, 2 OL’s, and a receiver. No QB’s, no RB’s. They put a lot of eggs into the basket of a legacy RB who ended up committing to Bama.

The offensive recruiting is what is giving their fans concern. Georgia’s class is VERY defense heavy right now. Out of 15 commits, they have 5 offensive players. 2 TE’s, 2 OL’s, and a receiver. No QB’s, no RB’s. They put a lot of eggs into the basket of a legacy RB who ended up committing to Bama.
Their last 4 recruiting classes were ranked 3, 4, 1 and 2, youngest to oldest, "worry" is relative and they have first world worries atm. They've got a 93.15 average with 15 commits, 80% 4 and 5 stars. I've seen this happen enough times that when you have an average that high you usually end up in the Top 5, I suspect they will again.

Their last 4 recruiting classes were ranked 3, 4, 1 and 2, youngest to oldest, "worry" is relative and they have first world worries atm. They've got a 93.15 average with 15 commits, 80% 4 and 5 stars. I've seen this happen enough times that when you have an average that high you usually end up in the Top 5, I suspect they will again.

I’m sure the class will finish high, but again….

(copy/pasted)

I’m sure the class will finish high, but again….

(copy/pasted)
So are you predicting they won't have enough offensive players next year? That they won't have a QB or a RB? Hell, they just won the natty with a walk-on. Their recruiting is going to be good as long as Kirby is there, he's proven that at this point, thinking otherwise is wishful thinking. The good news is we've got a pretty good class assembled for 2023 so far too. Alot of time between now and December to add some more also.

So are you predicting they won't have enough offensive players next year? That they won't have a QB or a RB? Hell, they just won the natty with a walk-on. Their recruiting is going to be good as long as Kirby is there, he's proven that at this point, thinking otherwise is wishful thinking. The good news is we've got a pretty good class assembled for 2023 so far too. Alot of time between now and December to add some more also.

Lol I was just being a smart aleck. No I think they are loaded for this upcoming season, I’m just saying there are definitely concerns for the future if they don’t start landing some offensive recruits in this class. They are all feeling it too on their boards.

Reactions: unfrozencvmanvol
Lol I was just being a smart aleck. No I think they are loaded for this upcoming season, I’m just saying there are definitely concerns for the future if they don’t start landing some offensive recruits in this class. They are all feeling it too on their boards.
Their fans are terrible. They are the first to look a gift horse in the mouth. Our best long term hope against UGA is that their fanbase burns their program down by being unreasonable. I thought they made a foolish move firing Richt because he was a good coach but they lucked out and got a better one. I've only seen that happen a couple of times in CFB in 40 years of watching the sport where you fire a guy with a 75 percent winning percentage and get someone better. They won't get that lucky again if they get disenchanted with Kirby. Now that he has won a natty though he is probably safe for a few years.

Reactions: feathersax
Their fans are terrible. They are the first to look a gift horse in the mouth. Our best long term hope against UGA is that their fanbase burns their program down by being unreasonable. I thought they made a foolish move firing Richt because he was a good coach but they lucked out and got a better one. I've only seen that happen a couple of times in CFB in 40 years of watching the sport where you fire a guy with a 75 percent winning percentage and get someone better. They won't get that lucky again if they get disenchanted with Kirby. Now that he has won a natty though he is probably safe for a few years.
I think they only ever become disenchanted with Kirby if he pulls a Coach O and does something like go .500 over the next 2 seasons, plus does distracting stuff off the field.

They let Richt hang around 15 seasons by almost winning national titles multiple times. Kirby actually has brought them one; he'll be there as long as he wants to be barring some kind of meltdown.

Kirby isn’t a better coach than Richt, he just came from Saban’s “School of how to buy recruits and get away with it” and applied it from the jump. His first season was hilarious, Derek Mason’s Vandy beat him, Nichols State lost to him by 2 points, we Hail Mary’d him, Ole Miss embarrassed him.

Yet somehow after all that, there were magically 17 four-star players and 3 five-star players just dying to go play for him instead of anywhere else to make up the third best class in the nation. He just did that enough times to buy his way into a Natty.

Kirby isn’t a better coach than Richt, he just came from Saban’s “School of how to buy recruits and get away with it” and applied it from the jump. His first season was hilarious, Derek Mason’s Vandy beat him, Nichols State lost to him by 2 points, we Hail Mary’d him, Ole Miss embarrassed him.

Yet somehow after all that, there were magically 17 four-star players and 3 five-star players just dying to go play for him instead of anywhere else to make up the third best class in the nation. He just did that enough times to buy his way into a Natty.
He's a good coach, Richt was too. Plenty of guys have recruited really well over the years and have been unable to sustain the success he has. UGA unfortunately is in the good spot of being the flagship school of a State with alot of talent. There are alot of players in GA who are going to be inclined to go there if they are remotely good. We went 7-6 last year and Heupel is recruiting pretty well. Coaches can recruit on hope and vision for a couple of years. Usually the "bump" class (the first full cycle a new coach has) is the coaches cleanest slate to recruit on hope/vision. For Kirby that was 2017 and they kept the mo going with a playoff appearance that fall and haven't finished ranked lower than 7th since. I think the guy is sleazy but he is obviously smarter than he looks because while you may luck into a year or so of success you don't win 11+ games yearly (not counting the 8-2 COVID year) for 5 years based on luck.

VN Store

Back