Expectations next year?

Kirby Connell is the only batter listed as a switch hitter on last years roster. Seems like one of the transfers is a switch hitter..(?)
If Kirby’s batting, we are either crushing or getting crushed……no offense to Kirby’s batting skills, I’m sure he swang a decent bat in HS 😊

True. But Stevenson’s speed will get him to some balls that most wouldn’t get to. He showed enough of an arm this year to make me think he’s good enough in that department. Replacing him in LF might be the bigger task.

Anyway, the infield should definitely be better defensively at every position other than 1B.
Agree with your assessment t. Luc’s D at 1B was very underrated.

If Kirby’s batting, we are either crushing or getting crushed……no offense to Kirby’s batting skills, I’m sure he swang a decent bat in HS 😊
He still hits it a little 😀. I think the last time he swung in BP he hit a few out left ended and four or five out right handed. He may go down as the best BP hitter who never hits in the game. TV still has him bunt and swing in bp every now and then. Just in case. 😜He took bp in Omaha last year also 😂

He still hits it a little 😀. I think the last time he swung in BP he hit a few out left ended and four or five out right handed. He may go down as the best BP hitter who never hits in the game. TV still has him bunt and swing in bp every now and then. Just in case. 😜He took bp in Omaha last year also 😂

Maybe a candidate for DH on days he isn't avialble to hit?

Reactions: chuckiepoo
I can guarantee you that most college pitchers were studs in high school and travel ball. Likely also played skill position when not pitching and hit in top of order. I recall Kirby even
played some SS as a lefty.

The crowd would go nuts if CTV let Kirby pinch hit or take over DH duties. I get it that he‘s trying to find at bats for a lot of talented young men so that makes it tough but it’d be really cool if it should ever happen.

I can guarantee you that most college pitchers were studs in high school and travel ball. Likely also played skill position when not pitching and hit in top of order. I recall Kirby even
played some SS as a lefty.

Yep. Austin Riley was an outstanding pitcher in high school too. Many of these guys can do it all, at least at that level.

All, I have been aware from the board pretty much since the crushing series loss to ND. Where is the fastest place to find good news on what has happened in the program since the season ended to give us a chance to have some magic next year?

Reactions: chuckiepoo

VN Store

Back