‘23 CA RB Roderick Robinson (Georgia commit)

CFB insiders have considered him a lazy recruiter, since his Oregon days. He is not a fan of recruiting, which is why he jumped from the cushy Nike empire to the cutthroat NFL and was hesitant to return, until he ran out of options.

Well, that explains why he wasn’t hired at an SEC school.

CFB insiders have considered him a lazy recruiter, since his Oregon days. He is not a fan of recruiting, which is why he jumped from the cushy Nike empire to the cutthroat NFL and was hesitant to return, until he ran out of options.

I wish my “out of options” scenarios in life resulted in a $4-5m/yr contract

Chip and Gus were ahead of the game 10 years ago with the Spread Offense. Defenses didn't know how to scheme for it.

Reactions: MarcoVol
Just goes to show how difficult it is to hire a college football coach imo. Kelly, Frost Mullen. All proven winners yet losers at the same time.
I agree with, you except with Frost.

He loves to recruit, but kids just don't want to go to Nebraska.

Frost needs to take a hard look at what Jamey Chadwell is doing down at Coastal Carolinal.

Football is a culture. And Nebraska needs to run some varition of wishbone football.

Coastals offense is a perfect blend of old school option, 90s west coast offense, and the Utah pistol.

I agree with, you except with Frost.

He loves to recruit, but kids just don't want to go to Nebraska.

Frost needs to take a hard look at what Jamey Chadwell is doing down at Coastal Carolinal.

Football is a culture. And Nebraska needs to run some varition of wishbone football.

Coastals offense is a perfect blend of old school option, 90s west coast offense, and the Utah pistol.

Chadwells offense would get destroyed in the B10.

Chip Kelly has underachieved at UCLA.

I honestly thought he’d do better.
I did but I didn’t. When certain posters were holding him up as the “home run hire” standard, I questioned his recruiting and team building abilities…two vital components. He took over a loaded Oregon team with some hefty recruiters like Scott Frost on the staff, revved up an offense in a relative short amount of time but hasn’t adjusted since and still flubbed relationships at every stop. I’ve long viewed him as a mad scientist career FCS assistant who caught lightning in a bottle. Bad leader, bad communicator…and so forth. 😴

Chadwells offense would get destroyed in the B10.
I think it would work in the SEC, it would dominate in the Big 10.

I think the team Coastal Carolina would challenge for either division. One is harder than the other for sure.

Now imagine Nebraska with not great recruiting but much better than Coastals and I think Nebraska becomes marketable and fun to watch again. And more importantly wins ball games again! It's painful to watch them now.

I think it would work in the SEC, it would dominate in the Big 10.

I think the team Coastal Carolina would challenge for either division. One is harder than the other for sure.

Now imagine Nebraska with not great recruiting but much better than Coastals and I think Nebraska becomes marketable and fun to watch again. And more importantly wins ball games again! It's painful to watch them now.

Coastal now or Coastal once they’ve recruited in the B10 for a minute?

Coastal now would get destroyed in the B10 so I assume you mean with B10 caliber players in that system

Reactions: LittleVol

VN Store

Back