‘23 CA RB Roderick Robinson (Georgia commit)

I agree with, you except with Frost.

He loves to recruit, but kids just don't want to go to Nebraska.

Frost needs to take a hard look at what Jamey Chadwell is doing down at Coastal Carolinal.

Football is a culture. And Nebraska needs to run some varition of wishbone football.

Coastals offense is a perfect blend of old school option, 90s west coast offense, and the Utah pistol.

Good points. Although I would say COLLEGE football is culture. And one reason it's better than pro football.

I said before he was hired that Frost (in spite of being an alum) was a bad fit for Nebraska. His system needs athletes. Throwing the ball all over the place works in Florida, California, Texas, and other warm climates. Nebraska a) isn't going to get the type of athletes needed for that system, being in the middle of a recruiting wasteland, and b) is culturally and climate-ly (is that a word?) a wishbone/ground attach school. It gets cold there. Throwing in the snow isn't as effective as pounding teams in the snow. They need to win with big uglies, a great strength program and a somewhat deceptive run game. That's why I thought a guy like Paul Johnson made a lot more sense for them than Frost. Frost might go to a warm weather school after Nebraska fires him and he very well may thrive. And Nebraska should look at hiring someone from Navy or Air Force to run that system for them. Troy Calhoun would make a lot of sense there.

Coastal now or Coastal once they’ve recruited in the B10 for a minute?

Coastal now would get destroyed in the B10 so I assume you mean with B10 caliber players in that system
I thought I replied to this already 🤔 @Freak .

Anyways, yeah you are correct in that P5 level athlete running that system could be a very dangerous team, basically.

Coastal Carolina as it is right now could win 7-9 games in Big 10. 7- 8 games in the SEC.
Ofcourse i do mean with regular scheduled non-conference included.

They're very good and it's hard to scheme for them.

Anyways, yeah you are correct in that P5 level athlete running that system could be a very dangerous team, basically.

Coastal Carolina as it is right now could win 7-9 games in Big 10. 7- 8 games in the SEC.

Agree to disagree. B10 plays 9 conf games. They’d struggle to get to .500 overall

And they wouldn’t sniff 7-8 wins in the SEC

Reactions: VflPT22

Really doubt that for one reason. The difference between schools at that level and the Big10 or SEC is quality depth. To win vs their schedule, they can round out their rotation with guys who aren't fully developed or else are just mediocre role players. The grind of the best conferences would reveal that soft underbelly.

Reactions: memtownvol
Interesting note on the pod today, AP said mom lives in South Carolina dad in San Diego and that Robinson got tired of the recruiting process and went with the easy choice in UCLA. Expects him to take visits this fall and the move to the big 10 isn’t very appealing.
I was wondering if it might bite thaCA teams because of the weather in the BIG.

Reactions: StoVol
I was wondering if it might bite thaCA teams because of the weather in the BIG.

Not sure if weather is a bigger factor than distance for away games. Will increase travel investment for family big time. No driving home after the game. Be interested in hearing from some recruits on this issue down the road post signing day. Of course I hate long flights so I might just be jaded.

Reactions: Catfishvfl
I said including non-conference games.

Yes and if in the B10 they would play only 3 of those during regular season.

If in the SEC, even if they scheduled cupcakes OOC, they still would struggle to reach .500. Only team I’d take them over is Vandy.

I’m not sure you realize what their recruiting classes are ranked. 85th or so is a great year for them. Regularly worse than 100th.

Yes and if in the B10 they would play only 3 of those during regular season.

If in the SEC, even if they scheduled cupcakes OOC, they still would struggle to reach .500. Only team I’d take them over is Vandy.

I’m not sure you realize what their recruiting classes are ranked. 85th or so is a great year for them. Regularly worse than 100th.
And if you followed my posts you'd know recruiting rankings mean less to me than what they intend for everyone else.

Do you even know who Coastal has played the past 3 years?
They beat the undefeated BYU...they year after BYU beat us at home. They beat Kansas by 27 points...the same year Kansas beat Texas (last year)

They can only play who's in front of them.
You're just dismissing them because of "generalizations" .
They would beat South Carolina, Vandy, Mizzou, Miss State last year. UT or UK are wash games.
3 out ooc wins. Yeah...7 games in the SEC.

Big 10,
Rutgers, Nebraska, Illinois, Northwestern, Maryland , Indiana, WINs.
Penn State and Michigan State are washes. Plus 3 ooc. 8, 9 wins.

So yeah agree to disagree.

And if you followed my posts you'd know recruiting rankings mean less to me than what they intend for everyone else.

Do you even know who Coastal has played the past 3 years?
They beat the undefeated BYU...they year after BYU beat us at home. They beat Kansas by 27 points...the same year Kansas beat Texas (last year)

They can only play who's in front of them.
You're just dismissing them because of "generalizations" .
They would beat South Carolina, Vandy, Mizzou, Miss State last year. UT or UK are wash games.
3 out ooc wins. Yeah...7 games in the SEC.

Big 10,
Rutgers, Nebraska, Illinois, Northwestern, Maryland , Indiana, WINs.
Penn State and Michigan State are washes. Plus 3 ooc. 8, 9 wins.

So yeah agree to disagree.

They beat those teams while playing a cupcake schedule. They don’t have the depth (due to recruiting) to beat teams like that consistently week in and week out.

You’re saying you believe a team that, over the last 5 years, averages the 102nd ranked recruiting class in the country could stroll into the SEC and win 7-8 games.

My only question is how much of @TrippieRedd ‘s weed have you smoked?

They beat those teams while playing a cupcake schedule. They don’t have the depth (due to recruiting) to beat teams like that consistently week in and week out.

You’re saying you believe a team that, over the last 5 years, averages the 102nd ranked recruiting class in the country could stroll into the SEC and win 7-8 games.

My only question is how much of @TrippieRedd ‘s weed have you smoked?
They beat them...it doesn't matter if they were playing Carson-Newman's schedule.
But...they also played and beat a top 15 Louisiana team twice

If all you're going to argue is recruiting rankings then there's nothing left to discuss.
WHAT HAVE THEY DONE IN THE ACTUAL GAME OF FOOTBALL???

you're just making generalizations.
Can you tell me Nebraska's recruiting rankings during the 1990's..
yeah...

They beat them...it doesn't matter if they were playing Carson-Newman's schedule.
But...they also played and beat a top 15 Louisiana team twice

If all you're going to argue is recruiting rankings then there's nothing left to discuss.
WHAT HAVE THEY DONE IN THE ACTUAL GAME OF FOOTBALL???

you're just making generalizations.
Can you tell me Nebraska's recruiting rankings during the 1990's..
yeah...

LOL their entire schedule *does* matter tho, due to the lack of depth (which I referenced), that would be wildly evident if they played SEC caliber teams every week. I’m not sure how you don’t understand that. And I get it, you don’t like or believe in rankings.

Like it or not, recruiting rankings matter. Especially when you’re arguing a team that rarely recruits inside the top 100 teams in the country could go 8-4 with a SEC schedule.

Can you provide an example of a team that has recruited that poorly over a 5 year period and has had a winning record in the SEC, ever? Or are you just under the impression that Chadwell is the best coach in the country?

LOL their entire schedule *does* matter tho, due to the lack of depth (which I referenced), that would be wildly evident if they played SEC caliber teams every week. I’m not sure how you don’t understand that. And I get it, you don’t like or believe in rankings.

Like it or not, recruiting rankings matter. Especially when you’re arguing a team that rarely recruits inside the top 100 teams in the country could go 8-4 with a SEC schedule.

Can you provide an example of a team that has recruited that poorly over a 5 year period and has had a winning record in the SEC, ever? Or are you just under the impression that Chadwell is the best coach in the country?

Kid, you're not answering any of my questions so why answer any of yours?

You said agree to disagree. You don't seem to understand what that means.

Kid, you're not answering any of my questions so why answer any of yours?

You said agree to disagree. You don't seem to understand what that means.

I’m no kid, you moran.

Here’s how Nebraska recruited in the 90s that I could find:
74FD61C9-06C2-4994-9EF3-4FEEA117B3D3.png

I assume now that I answered your question regarding Nebraska’s recruiting in the 90s - which has nothing to do with the topic at hand - you’ll answer mine.

Edit: if your argument is they beat BYU and Louisiana and you’re using that to justify them going 8-4 in the SEC, well, I don’t even know what to say to that.

Reactions: BigOrangeTrain
I’m no kid, you moran.

Here’s how Nebraska recruited in the 90s that I could find:
View attachment 472750

I assume now that I answered your question regarding Nebraska’s recruiting in the 90s - which has nothing to do with the topic at hand - you’ll answer mine.

Edit: if your argument is they beat BYU and Louisiana and you’re using that to justify them going 8-4 in the SEC, well, I don’t even know what to say to that.

*moron

Really doubt that for one reason. The difference between schools at that level and the Big10 or SEC is quality depth. To win vs their schedule, they can round out their rotation with guys who aren't fully developed or else are just mediocre role players. The grind of the best conferences would reveal that soft underbelly.

Coastal has been recruiting the players for their system for 4-5 years now.
They have the depth for what fits their system, and that's what matters in terms of depth

Now, are they going to line up and whip Alabama or Georgia and their talent depth and systems?
I don't think so. Because the Dline and edge players that have can disrupt any offense. And with CC, they just aren't strong enough to deal with them 1v1

But if South Carolina level recruited players start to fill out that Coastal roster and they fit what they do on both side of the ball, then they'll have their hands full.

That system is meant to level the playing field, much like Heupel's tempo is supposed to.

Cornhusker Nation would welcome this style of play, and they could recruit at the same level they are right now, but with players that fit that system.

It's a what if scenario that I think could happen soon, because Frost won't succeed there with his scheme.

You are saying it’s hard to scheme against them because you see them beating up on teams like TX ST, Arky St, Campbell, Georgia Southern and Georgia State. Most of the time when they play even decent teams they struggle.

VN Store

Back