The Official Tennessee Titans thread IV

IMO the NFL should be paying for a majority of these new stadiums. They are ultimately the ones benefiting the most from them, and also the ones with the most cash. But that ain't how the world works.

I agree.

It could if cities and states stop fleecing citizens to subsidize billionaire’s business operations. But, agree, most are not there yet.

IMO the NFL should be paying for a majority of these new stadiums. They are ultimately the ones benefiting the most from them, and also the ones with the most cash. But that ain't how the world works.

Especially when a team can leave at the whims of another city, leaving taxpayers with the hook

If the Vols want to win another National Championship in football, then we need to move the Titans to Birmingham.

Is there something I’m missing? What would that do?

Before the Titans came to town, we were fully focused on the Vols. Once the pros arrived in town, the middle Tennessee crowd started with Titan and their regular Vol season tickets.

Over time, it became too much...sometimes a game in Knoxville on Saturday and then Sunday in Nashville on same weekend. Over time, many dropped the Vols tickets because of the travel.

Around Nashville, you see an equal amount of mixed gear between the two.

Put the pro team in Birmingham, and it will eventually cause the same disruption on Bama and Auburn.

You very well make think that is wrong, but Vols football went to pot when Titans arrived. East Tennessee doesn't have enough people / players to pull the wagon without more support from middle and west Tennessee.

Before the Titans came to town, we were fully focused on the Vols. Once the pros arrived in town, the middle Tennessee crowd started with Titan and their regular Vol season tickets.

Over time, it became too much...sometimes a game in Knoxville on Saturday and then Sunday in Nashville on same weekend. Over time, many dropped the Vols tickets because of the travel.

Put the pro team in Birmingham, and it will eventually cause the same disruption on Bama and Auburn.

You very well make think that is wrong, but Vols football went to pot when Titans arrived. East Tennessee doesn't have enough people / players to pull the wagon without more support from middle and west Tennessee.

You actually believe that the vols started sucking because some middle Tennessee fans started going to titans games? Lol Get real man

Is this real?

Reactions: Vol8188
Is this real?

Yes, My theory is........fans can only have so much interest. I knew at least three Vol families with parents in their mid/late 30's who bought the original seat license stuff with Titans. Over the years, all three of them dropped the Vols tickets and kept the Titans. When you have kids playing fall sports, it is hard to go that much football. Plus, it is expensive.

I do think that the Titans have hurt the Neyland attendance. One man cannot serve two mistresses for an extended period of time.

However, do I understand that it is a crazy line of thought.

I am just making up the part about moving Titans to Birmingham. However, I do wish the NFL would put a team there. It will mess up Bama where the sole focus (and money) is on the tide.

Get a life, dude.

Btw, Titans Super Bowl >> Vols Natty

Vols won NC in 1998. Tennessee became the Titans in 1999.

All that Titan gear you see this fall.....25 years ago, all that was orange. I own a 50/50 mix.

Not necessarily. Many NFL fans don’t give a rip about college ball. Not to mention all the transplants in Nashville who still root for their college team (I regularly see Michigan, OSU, Bama, Penn St. etc decals and merchandise).

You’d also be surprised how many of those newcomers have adopted the Titans as their pro team. Hell, one of my best friends is a Michigan State grad who already has the Titans 2022 schedule laminated and hanging at his desk.

Honestly, you sound like a bitter old-head pining for old times, but Tennessee just isn’t the same state it was 25 years ago.

Reactions: mr.checkerboards
Not necessarily. Many NFL fans don’t give a rip about college ball. Not to mention all the transplants in Nashville who still root for their college team (I regularly see Michigan, OSU, Bama, Penn St. etc decals and merchandise).

You’d also be surprised how many of those newcomers have adopted the Titans as their pro team. Hell, one of my best friends is a Michigan State grad who already has the Titans 2022 schedule laminated and hanging at his desk.

Honestly, you sound like a bitter old-head pining for old times, but Tennessee just isn’t the same state it was 25 years ago.
nYes, I am definitely a bitter old-head who is pinning for the old days when all things orange ruled the state of Tennessee. And, I am guilty of the exact charges that I've made. Over the last twenty years, I've probably spent 80% of my ticket budget on Titans vs 20% for Vols. Once you see live the precision and pounding of the professional game, the college game looks like a bunch of underage amateurs.

I don't truly want the Titans to go anywhere. But, I really want the NFL to move someone to Birmingham to screw up the Bama love.

Things are indeed changing. In particular, Tennessean mid-state is a different world dure to the influx you mention. For example: 25 years ago, Fulmer could get almost any player he wanted from Murfreesboro. Now days, for the elite group, the Vols are 50/50 at best.

Yes, My theory is........fans can only have so much interest. I knew at least three Vol families with parents in their mid/late 30's who bought the original seat license stuff with Titans. Over the years, all three of them dropped the Vols tickets and kept the Titans. When you have kids playing fall sports, it is hard to go that much football. Plus, it is expensive.

I do think that the Titans have hurt the Neyland attendance. One man cannot serve two mistresses for an extended period of time.

However, do I understand that it is a crazy line of thought.

I am just making up the part about moving Titans to Birmingham. However, I do wish the NFL would put a team there. It will mess up Bama where the sole focus (and money) is on the tide.

Fan interest is still at an elite level for UT football. We have been middle of the pack in wins but remained elite in ticket sales, merchandise, donations, spending, etc

I am sure I will get fired up but I am going to make them get me excited again

Hard to be hopeful right now. Major questions on the offensive line, at corner, and at WR. Glad we upgraded at TE, but I think we lost more than we gained this season. Especially with the early concerns about Burks

VN Store

Back