The Official Tennessee Titans thread IV

IDE take Neil O and Kerry Tom Collins

I’m not a huge Tannehill fanboy but that’s pretty steep, especially Collins. Both were patchwork QBs on loaded teams during their stints here (though I’ll admit Neil was some very good patchwork). Tannehill is at least an established and capable long term starter. He just can’t seem to overcome his general meh-ness despite stints of brilliance.

I’m not a huge Tannehill fanboy but that’s pretty steep, especially Collins. Both were patchwork QBs on loaded teams during their stints here (though I’ll admit Neil was some very good patchwork). Tannehill is at least an established and capable long term starter. He just can’t seem to overcome his general meh-ness despite stints of brilliance.
400 handoffs to Henry in a season is patchwork QB.

McShay's too early mock draft has the Titans with the #17 pick (tells you how many wins he expects) and taking Mayer from ND at TE. I obviously like the pick a lot, but hate the draft position even though it probably will be accurate.

Tannehill is the best QB the Titans have had since McNair. The media and the fans are giving him way to much hell IMO. They want to talk about his performance last year, but look at the situation he had to deal with at wr and TE. That was a weak as hell cast due to injuries and Julio being a flop.

Agree - a couple years ago he was putting up All Pro stats. It's up to him to turn it back around, quit pressing, and play within his abilities. It's up to the org to give him a good O-line with talent in the skill positions, which he did not have much of last season. Do that and all the junk from this past season will be forgotten.

It would be preferable for Malik to have a couple of seasons to develop.

McShay's too early mock draft has the Titans with the #17 pick (tells you how many wins he expects) and taking Mayer from ND at TE. I obviously like the pick a lot, but hate the draft position even though it probably will be accurate.

Draft positions so far away is so stupid. Heck, they cant get them right the day of the draft. Soothsayers and clicks.

The only player who's ever carried the ball 400 times in a season for the Titans is Eddie George. Does that make Steve McNair a patchwork QB?
The only player who's ever carried the ball 400 times in a season for the Titans is Eddie George. Does that make Steve McNair a patchwork QB?
😂 McNair is a MAN! Correct the 2020 season Henry had 378 attempts. That saved RT. RT can’t hold Steve’s jock! Look what RT has done when it counts. ZIP!

Reactions: rocytop2624
I think the Titans win the division but exit early again. We move on from Tannehill turn the keys over to Willis. Hell get a couple of years to figure it out and after year three we either have our starter or we're looking for a bridge of drafting our guy

I think the Titans win the division but exit early again. We move on from Tannehill turn the keys over to Willis. Hell get a couple of years to figure it out and after year three we either have our starter or we're looking for a bridge of drafting our guy

Call me crazy but I wouldn't be surprised if Tannehill has a bounce back year, even without AJ Brown. He was pretty pedestrian last season throwing just 21 TDs and 14 INTs. I think bringing in a passing game coordinator could be just the shot in the arm the offense needs, similar to how bringing in Schwartz helped the defense big time last year.

At least, that is my hope. I personally believe Willis needs 2 years. He's a gifted player, but dude is sushi raw.

We're developing a package that has Willis and Tannehill on field together for 10-12 plays per game.

Willis going to be one of backup group when Henry needs a blow and/or third and 5+ yards.. Make the other teams have to spend time preparing for the ole Johnny Majors halfback who can also pass system.

Last edited:
Reactions: TJVol95
Draft positions so far away is so stupid. Heck, they cant get them right the day of the draft. Soothsayers and clicks.

I guess I am hoping if the mocks say it often enough that it will stick in Vrab's and J-Rob's head that a quality all round TE can be the QB's and OC's best friend.

But they have been too stubborn to get it so far, so it's probably like a fart in the wind.

Call me crazy but I wouldn't be surprised if Tannehill has a bounce back year, even without AJ Brown. He was pretty pedestrian last season throwing just 21 TDs and 14 INTs. I think bringing in a passing game coordinator could be just the shot in the arm the offense needs, similar to how bringing in Schwartz helped the defense big time last year.

At least, that is my hope. I personally believe Willis needs 2 years. He's a gifted player, but dude is sushi raw.

Same. We can all hear the naysayers as soon as Ryan throws his first pick, tho.

Young QB's need to click in the brain. What I saw with him at Liberty was at least two years for the brain. That's what determines whether they make it or not - not the physical skillset. Most all of the draftable ones are NFL decent to good physically. It's processing what they see and responding with the right reads quickly. Of course if it all craters this season, they will trot him out there next season.

Which is what made Ryan disappointing last season. The O-line stunk, needed receiver help, and he forced things. Tell the OC to go quick reads and check downs. Max protect on the deeper stuff and run the ball. Be more patient and ball control. Leaving the QB exposed like you have a good O-line caused him to press and try stupid stuff like a rookie. That's no excuse, but he's human. The new PGC may be able to bring some quicker developing stuff with wide splits and angles that give Ryan better options. Will see.

Reactions: orangepridenation
I think it's been overplayed in the media. I heard the comment in real time and thought nothing of it. I honestly don't think he meant it quite the way it came out. But it made for a pretty dramatic soundbite.

Agreed. Last week Michael Lombardi commented on this on the GM Shuffle podcast (great podcast btw). Said he had no issue with it. Tannehill is a competitor. Said Brady had the same attitude toward Jimmy G when he was drafted.

Reactions: orangepridenation

VN Store

Back