The Dugout - General Topics, Chat, Random Photos and Memes.......No Politics

JUST A PIPP OF A LEGEND

I was scrolling through some old baseball stories and came across this Sports Illustrated article from 1987 covering the infamous Wally Pipp story. Of course, we still don’t know 100% what actually happened but seeing as they benched several other players, I find the playing younger players story the most believable. He had a headache and did take aspirin but the whole team was not performing well so it was a changing of the guard imo. I kind of feel bad that the guy has become one of the more legendary stories in the game for all the wrong reasons. He seemed pretty happy in his life after baseball. There’s different variations of the story but just my opinion.

JUST A PIPP OF A LEGEND

I was scrolling through some old baseball stories and came across this Sports Illustrated article from 1987 covering the infamous Wally Pipp story. Of course, we still don’t know 100% what actually happened but seeing as they benched several other players, I find the playing younger players story the most believable. He had a headache and did take aspirin but the whole team was not performing well so it was a changing of the guard imo. I kind of feel bad that the guy has become one of the more legendary stories in the game for all the wrong reasons. He seemed pretty happy in his life after baseball. There’s different variations of the story but just my opinion.

I've always heard that the The Lord works in mysterious ways.

Coach Q coming, Coach Anderson staying.
Everything is falling into place.
tumblr_pdki1i1E7N1xch6xgo1_400.gifv

What baseball parks have you been to?

I’ll go first.

Pro’s
Cleveland Indians
Cincinnati Reds

Minor League
Bill Meyer Stadium (Knox Sox)
Durham Bulls
Columbus Clippers