Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Commitments are like crack. You get one and it puts you on a commitment high. Then if you go a couple of weeks without one, you start jones-ing for that hit.

sugar-withdrawal-gif.gif
1656372352518.gif

Not really relevant to what you posted, but just wanted you to know I had a fun couple of days in New Mexico last week. Did not get to see much but I did get to Elena Gallegos Open Space which had some pretty nice views. The geography is pretty cool. One of the guys at the company I visited said that the Albuquerque area had been in drought status for about the last 1200 years. Anyway, that's it.

Good to hear that you had a good visit. If you ever have more time, some of the cliff dwellings like Bandelier National Monument are worth an extra day.

Historians say the Anasazi, the ancestral Puebloans, were likely driven from their cliff dwellings starting about 1130 A.D., which was the start of the 300 year long "Great Drought". The Anasazi did not disappear, but rather relocated to areas with better rainfall and streams so they could grow their crops. Some of the Pueblos in New Mexico claim the Anasazi as their ancestors.

Alas, we seem to be starting a new Great Drought in southern NM in the last few years. 😞

Re: Florida Recruiting & Josh Pate’s take

I am starting to get the feeling that the administration at UF has gotten so enamored with their “Top 6 Public University” image and identity that they are looking down their noses at being a football powerhouse. Michigan, Texas, and even Tennessee during previous leadership have all experienced this to some degree. They don’t want to get their hands dirty in recruiting to do what it takes to be competitive on the field because they think it undermines their image as a top academic institution. That identity crisis is only going to be exacerbated in the NIL era and I can’t say I’m sad to see it.

Tennessee did this just because some in our administration are delusional. This is a land-grant University, whose purpose is to educate a large percentage of the state residents who want higher education with practical skills for the state economy, like agriculture and engineering. Not liberal arts/research/academia. Michigan and Texas are NOT land-grant. They are elite academic institutions. Tennessee will NEVER be on their level and that is OK. We are a school like Michigan State or Texas A&M. Florida is an interesting case because they are the land grant institution that does have high standards, but as you will see below, most of the land-grant schools are easy to get into (by design). I easily got into UT, like many who apply. I easily could’ve gotten into Michigan State up here in Michigan as well.

1656374880272.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back