Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah she always just refereed to that as "hard times". She fell hoeing taters when she was 90 and broke her arm. Doctor came back after xrays and said. "Well, it's broke."

She said, "Nah, you think."

He smiled and said, "I think you're my favorite patient i've had this week." 🙂

Miss that woman dearly.

Not taking anything away from your great granny at all, but in my experience people who live to that age are quite often mentally tough. Not always stoic, but tough enough to not give up when life starts giving them increasingly frequent body blows.

Similar talent but we have very established culture, starting QB and overall team schemes and have homefield. Game is early in the season and Florida will likely still be figuring it out like we were when we went to Gainesville last year.

We absolutely have to show up and play well to win but I think should be favored by 5.5 or so from what we know right now.
Very established = 1 year? 🧐

It's all good. They gave me 5 months to live back then, so I'm blessed. My faith, love for my kids, and the Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville is why I'm still here today.
Sorry to hear that you have had to endure that and I hope your outlook is bright. I wish you all the best. Thank you for posting here. Your knowledge, football experience, life experience, dedication, clearheadedness, clear writing, and demeanor are 5 star. Scholar and a gentleman. I'm grateful to you every day.

Who were the surprise standouts from offseason NFL workouts? Here's a pick for all 32 teams

New Orleans Saints
DB Bryce Thompson
The second-year DB is the one player who earned his way onto my 53-man roster projection based on how often he flashed during OTA and minicamp practices -- and how the Saints were working him into packages with both the first- and second-string defenses. Thompson also had a strong summer as an undrafted rookie last year, but he began the season on injured reserve before being signed to the practice squad and appearing in two games on special teams. His versatility as a safety/nickel/corner could earn him a role. -- Mike Triplett

Never fear. We will miss on somebody else and they will be back like bugs to a light.

Or we will get a kid that doesn't camp and is subsequently rated well below his skill/ability level and they will be barking about 3* U..... What.... In the Telander and Slaughter threads? Nvm.

Sorry to hear that you have had to endure that and I hope your outlook is bright. I wish you all the best. Thank you for posting here. Your knowledge, football experience, life experience, dedication, clearheadedness, clear writing, and demeanor are 5 star. Scholar and a gentleman. I'm grateful to you every day.

Orange. Great Post. You have a way with your words that are spot on to what many of us feel toward bigl3327. You both are excellent on this board. Thanks!

VFL...GBO

Thank you @Orange. My outlook is as positive as ever. I was in a wheelchair for 4 years. My doctors said I'd likely never walk again, but God had other plans. The only reason I even shared these things about myself here today is because someone might have needed to hear it. These are uncertain times we're living in, but it's temporary. My high school coach used to tell us that "Tough times don't last, but tough people do."

Thank you @Orange. My outlook is as positive as ever. I was in a wheelchair for 4 years. My doctors said I'd likely never walk again, but God had other plans. The only reason I even shared these things about myself here today is because someone might have needed to hear it. These are uncertain times we're living in, but it's temporary. My high school coach used to tell us that "Tough times don't last, but tough people do."
That’s a Quote coach Jody Wright at Fulton high school used to use with us religiously… still holds true keep pushing.

My map has me in Houston, Baton Rouge, and Jackson. "Kitty-corner" locates me in Milwaukee. No middle Tennessee in the data base?

My wife grew up in Calgary and her map was Milwaukee and Minneapolis. Apparently Canada is nowhere to be found in their data base. 😄
Not really relevant to what you posted, but just wanted you to know I had a fun couple of days in New Mexico last week. Did not get to see much but I did get to Elena Gallegos Open Space which had some pretty nice views. The geography is pretty cool. One of the guys at the company I visited said that the Albuquerque area had been in drought status for about the last 1200 years. Anyway, that's it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back