Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
One other thing, I know we get tired of talking numbers and "how many can we take", but I feel like it has a different spin this year with the 25-cap lifted and the fact we've been operating with a depleted roster. I'd be really interested in how many spots we have to fill to get to 85? I mean, I don't think the coaches will use schollies just to use them. I think they'll still look for guys they feel can come in and contribute, and pocket any leftovers for next year since the 25-cap is already lifted for next year as well. But I would be interested to know how many spots we have.
Not sure what the rule is, but I'm pretty sure we can take as many as we need to get to 85. Having said that, I hope we hold 5-6 each year for the portal. Much better way of filling needs quickly than juco.

When I was a kid, I watched my great granny push mow over a nest and they started attacking her legs. She calmly bent over and started pinching them off her legs, squishing and killing them in the process. After like nine of those she pulled the mower over and said she needed a glass of tea.

I was in awe and have since ran over nests push mowing. I run as fast as I can away from the nest smacking every inch of my body. To my great granny...
View attachment 467623

Folks that lived through the depression didn't let a little thing like an angry nest of stinging insects bother them. 😆

The trailer was so good! I’m going to stream it - I’d love it if CJH brought it to the entire football team! I’d love it if all our coaches had a viewing with their team!

Yeah, I've watched it a second time already. It's pretty well done, kinda surprised it wasn't distributed/picked up by a bigger network honestly.

It's an interesting story, they do a fantastic job of character building by giving backstory on the players, the way they blend interviews and old pictures in is extremely well done, and then it's based on not only a true event but a university/location that still exist and can be visited. Some of the same buildings those players learned in are still on the campus.

3 star U. What a weekend for recruiting
tumblr_nu9jdss7oO1qcp26yo1_400.gifv

The 3 stars we get are all really good enough to be 4 star guys they just flew under the radar
My goodness. Why be so miserable? Seriously. Constant negativity is unhealthy.

You've done this a long time. There are ups and downs every year. I think we'll snag a couple more blue-chippers and a handful of 3 and 4s. Our class will end up in the top 10 or just below. In December, we do it all over again. Lather, rinse, repeat.

I am stating this right now. Others have already stated it and I completely agree. There is NO EXCUSE for not beating Florida this year. I am happy any time we win, but we should absolutely beat the brakes off them this year.
100%

This is Step 1 in the reclamation project. Everything else will flow from it. The fan base NEEDS that win.

Re: Florida Recruiting & Josh Pate’s take

I am starting to get the feeling that the administration at UF has gotten so enamored with their “Top 6 Public University” image and identity that they are looking down their noses at being a football powerhouse. Michigan, Texas, and even Tennessee during previous leadership have all experienced this to some degree. They don’t want to get their hands dirty in recruiting to do what it takes to be competitive on the field because they think it undermines their image as a top academic institution. That identity crisis is only going to be exacerbated in the NIL era and I can’t say I’m sad to see it.

Spot on!

That attitude and approach contributed hugely to our slide - chasing other schools' rainbows and leaving what made you successful in the first place. UT is state land grant chartered - take care of business in TN first, go outside the state to fill in and improve. Being high academics, research oriented, and offering excellent career opportunities while at the same time offering great athletic programs are not mutually exclusive. The correct answer is both - high academics with great athletic programs.

The two sides just need to peacefully coexist and realize they need each other for the university and its students to succeed at the highest level. Quit warring and trying to dominate the other, which is what was happening. With Randy, Donde, and Danny to go with the BOT on the same page - we are on track. The synergy of the two working together attracts the best in academics and athletics.

UF apparently is doing the same stupid stuff UT did and ... I am here for it. 😀👍

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back