2022 World Series Analysis and Discussion Thread

There is something to be said for getting hot and staying that way through the NCAA Tournament. From the last team in the field to national champions. Wow. The Rebels definitely found another gear. That should give hope to future teams with roller coaster regular seasons. And to think Ole Miss fans were ready to fire Coach Bianco after the SEC Tournament. I respect the way he’s stuck with it for such a long time.

You mean like in every other sport. The Giants beating the previously unbeaten Pats, UNC making this year's Final Four in Hoops. Villanova beating G'town in '85. The Jets beating the Colts. The Lady Vols winning the NCAAT with 10 losses?

Plenty of mediocre teams have won a title by getting hot at the right time.
LOL, can I just be dissapointed without you bringing facts and logic up in here, @Boca Vol ? Well played, sir.

Ole Miss---with a losing SEC record this year (14-16)---somehow wins the title. Bizarre.

That team looked very mediocre when we swept them--and their fans were all ready to fire the coach. And in fact the WERE mediocre all year....until the tourney. I just heard that Ole Miss was the last team to get into the NCAA.

It is sad that Alabama and Kentucky outplayed them at the End of the Year (SEC Tourney).
Ole Miss jumped them to get into the Tournament; the rest is history.
Got Hot after losing to Vanderbilt, rested for 10 days, and then geared it up...
Seeding and officiating makes a difference.

Sour grapes - No way just saying Woulda, Coulda Shoulda.
We will be back...

Reactions: chuckiepoo
You mean like in every other sport. The Giants beating the previously unbeaten Pats, UNC making this year's Final Four in Hoops. Villanova beating G'town in '85. The Jets beating the Colts. The Lady Vols winning the NCAAT with 10 losses?

Plenty of mediocre teams have won a title by getting hot at the right time.
I don’t have an answer for it and it’s enjoyable but the NCAAT for baseball and basketball devalue the importance or success of the regular season; and that’s not sour grapes talking it’s just a fact. As you succinctly stated the best teams often don’t win and very mediocre ones can.

The 2008 Super Bowl is an anomaly IMO, because more times than not, the best team (or at minimum one of the top 4) wins in football. That’s why I’m ok with the CFB playoff being the size it is and was actually fine with the BCS or human voter models; rarely is there more than a handful of teams truly deserving of a title. That’s been apparent in the numerous blowouts in the semifinals and the relative closeness of games in the NC game since the playoffs inception. St. Peter’s, GM, VCU, Nova, etc. they’re great stories and exciting for fans/TV but nobody believes any of them are one of the 4 best teams. Throw Fresno State, UVA and now OM in there for baseball.

Without making the tournaments true series playoffs like NBA and MLB the only answer I can come up with is the tournaments are shrunk down back to 16-32 teams as they used to be, to truly reward the success of a 30 or 56 game schedule and we know the $$$ will never allow that.

Ole Miss---with a losing SEC record this year (14-16)---somehow wins the title. Bizarre.

That team looked very mediocre when we swept them--and their fans were all ready to fire the coach. And in fact the WERE mediocre all year....until the tourney. I just heard that Ole Miss was the last team to get into the NCAA.
We beat them by several touchdowns. I guess we can say that SEC has the best baseball teams.

No worries, I see that exposition isn't in your strength.
Listen Chief, go back and read my original post that got you fired up.
Notice anything, that's right I didn't tag you or quote you. Why you immediately jumped to some conclusion I was talking to you is beyond me. A day later and you're still yapping on about something that didn't happen. If I had meant to address you I would have made sure I included you in the post. I did not. It was not directed at you.
Hopefully you can let it go now and move on.
Personally I'm over addressing something that didn't happen.... 😉

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Listen Chief, go back and read my original post that got you fired up.
Notice anything, that's right I didn't tag you or quote you. Why you immediately jumped to some conclusion I was talking to you is beyond me. A day later and you're still yapping on about something that didn't happen. If I had meant to address you I would have made sure I included you in the post. I did not. It was not directed at you.
Hopefully you can let it go now and move on.
Personally I'm over addressing something that didn't happen.... 😉
Thank God!

VN Store

Back