Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey just wanted to drop by and say thanks for all the support.U can't imagine how much that took for me to cry about my problems.Im the spokesman for suck it up and figure it out.Keep it to urself your the man of the house don't burden ur wife kids with more worries than we've already got.Ive gotta say I had to do it.My boss gave me 2 weeks off paid,mom prob cried since I told her.She just lost my dad and I've never drank or been vulnerable so I think it's a big shock rite now.Suprise I'm human after all Mom lol.

Welp yall take care imma try go take care of myself.Man this sux like I just feel guilty selfish I know I shouldn't but as the man of the household I think most can understand.Thanks again I needed this more than anyone can understand.So weird using a message board to hold my 40yr old butt accountable call myself out whatever u call it but I'm a beast at this life game so I got this..GoVols here's to a fantastic July!!

Hey I'm sorry I would love to respond to everyone but I'm shutting my phone down and packing a couple of bags n going to the holler.I will personally try reach out that's why this place is one the best on the internet.Trust me though my granny gonna work this disease out my ass lol..

Hey just wanted to drop by and say thanks for all the support.U can't imagine how much that took for me to cry about my problems.Im the spokesman for suck it up and figure it out.Keep it to urself your the man of the house don't burden ur wife kids with more worries than we've already got.Ive gotta say I had to do it.My boss gave me 2 weeks off paid,mom prob cried since I told her.She just lost my dad and I've never drank or been vulnerable so I think it's a big shock rite now.Suprise I'm human after all Mom lol.

Welp yall take care imma try go take care of myself.Man this sux like I just feel guilty selfish I know I shouldn't but as the man of the household I think most can understand.Thanks again I needed this more than anyone can understand.So weird using a message board to hold my 40yr old butt accountable call myself out whatever u call it but I'm a beast at this life game so I got this..GoVols here's to a fantastic July!!

Hey I'm sorry I would love to respond to everyone but I'm shutting my phone down and packing a couple of bags n going to the holler.I will personally try reach out that's why this place is one the best on the internet.Trust me though my granny gonna work this disease out my ass lol..
Take care man. Many prayers 🙏

Find a way to stop or it will kill you. How bad do you want to live?
@TitanicVolz It will take everything you have or want to have. At that rate of consumption it will take your life within a year or 2. . . figuratively, literally or both.

I grew up with a guy who was drinking himself to death. He would drink all day. Drink at work, drink off. He didn't consider himself an alcoholic, thinking he could quit when he wanted.

He killed a pedestrian one day while drunk. "I wasn't even that drunk" was his rationalization at the time. He was used to getting absolutely blistered everyday, so half a pint didn't seem like much to him.

He was 40, just a couple years ago when it happened. He won't be out of jail until he's almost 60. Even though he is a friend, I dont think he should ever get out. He killed a man walking his dog and granddaughter.

Maybe you think it wont happen to you. You'll quit before it destroys your body or kills someone else, or runs off everyone that loves you. You won't. One or all of those things are going to happen to you if you don't stop today.

Edit: just saw your post above. Congrats on having people who love you and will give you what you need to get away from it. You're about to find out how strong or weak you are. Praying that you're worth enough to yourself that you won't look back.

You do you. The last few coaches to say the Vols were “x” number of plays from “x” of wins were fired.

Josh H never said that the Vols were 3 plays away from 10 wins - nor should he ever. and frankly he wasn’t. Have fun with that narrative.
Later...have a happy miserable life..🙋‍♂️

Reactions: VOLSONLY
Completely unrelated to whatever you morans are talking about.

Unrivaled is a documentary about the 1899 Sewanee Football season. They even have a website: Sewanee 1899 – Unrivaled I got the opportunity to screen this film for a festival, I hope it gets selected. Anyway I bring it up because it's a part of TN history and an amazing story. The documentary did it some wonderful justice as well, if you get a chance to see it anywhere I highly recommend watching it. It's ESPN 30 for 30 level of production quality.
The trailer was so good! I’m going to stream it - I’d love it if CJH brought it to the entire football team! I’d love it if all our coaches had a viewing with their team!

Last edited:
Dog boards having a meltdown after the arch news?
Mr Smokin and son (both dawgs) responded with, “why would he want to come to Georgia anyway? We already have multiple 5 star quarterbacks! It’ll be a lot easier for him to see early playing time at Texas!”🙄

Last edited:

Hey bud I hope you see this. Find a good therapist. You don't have to worry about taking on a mountain of a journey yet, just start there. They can Guide you through your personal struggles, thoughts, things under the surface.

I think a lot of people here know what it's like to put everyone else first and be strong, shoulder everything. You are recognizing that you're running on E, and you are sharing with others, you are seeking a support person or network. Those people and networks exist.

Your brain is your control center. Your mental health drives your behavior, your behavior drives the well being out yourself and those around you. You can only be as strong as the thing piloting you.

Even Tony Soprano saw a therapist. Just go talk. They'll help you from there. I wish you well.

Reactions: BigSteve09
OT but have any of you played Car Mechanic 2018 or any of the others in the series? I got it free at Epic's store and it looks like something all of us could use the basics in.

OT but have any of you played Car Mechanic 2018 or any of the others in the series? I got it free at Epic's store and it looks like something all of us could use the basics in.
Wait is that a mechanic job simulation game? Haha

That seems to be a trend these days. There's literally one game where you have to work in retail. As if working we don't work enough irl, now they want us to simulate working as a game?!? 😅

Mr Smokin and son (both dawgs) responded with, “why would he want to come to Georgia anyway? We already have multiple 5 star quarterbacks! It’ll be a lot easier for him to see early playing time at Texas!”
I understand that you took pity on some poor dawg fan and married him, but I'm extremely disappointed that you allowed him to corrupt your son like that.

We recently got our two youngest daughter new beds. They were long past due full sized beds. My wife found them online from someone selling them. Then we turned around and were going to sell their old beds. We ended up giving the really nice one away to a family with an autistic child that needed a bed for their daughter. We have since been trying to give the other one away and just can't seem to get rid of it. Granted, it is not super fancy but we have had several people contact us and then just never show up. Why is it so hard to give away a bed that has a lot of use left in it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back