The Supreme Court of the United States Thread

You believe life begins at conception.....many do not.

You’re mistaking belief and biological fact again. Which is really odd because you even seem to agree that life begins at conception. You just don’t consider it a “separate life” (which is an even dumber argument)

Reactions: 82_VOL_83
This is where you lose me. Whether someone is 1 or 91, they have emotions, feel pain, and have cognitive thought. Objectively, those aren’t features at conception. At a certain point those features should take priority, before that point they are simply not there. They could be, might be, or might not be at some point after conception. But we know they aren’t AT conception.
There is evidence that babies feel pain as early as 8 weeks. If pain is the threshold, 8 weeks then. No one in here is saying 8 weeks. There at 20-22. Some even pre-birth.

Reactions: VOLS INC.
There is evidence that babies feel pain as early as 8 weeks. If pain is the threshold, 8 weeks then. No one in here is saying 8 weeks. There at 20-22. Some even pre-birth.

I would draw the line at ability to feel pain or higher brain function.

Neither of those are at conception. Equating conception with 1 minute before birth is erroneous in my opinion.

Reactions: ClearwaterVol
This is fine parsing. They removed a constitutional right that had belonged to women for 50 years.

They corrected a mistake made by a previous court. It will be up to the states to decide if people still have a right to an abortion in a particular state.

BTW when will the Dems submit legislation codifying the right to an abortion nationally? Why haven't they already done so during the past 50 years?

I figured this would devolve into the current argument. I will stick to my two question logic:

1. What has a heartbeat, brain wave function, responds to stimuli, but is not considered "alive?"

2. What other organism contains 46 (usually) distinctively human chromosomes but is not a human?

Replies welcome.

This is a question that my wife and I ask rhetorically....why would a birth person wait until 12 weeks, 18 weeks, 20 weeks 22 weeks etc. to decide to end a pregnancy? Wouldn't that be a question that would be answered in the first few weeks after you know you are pregnant?

Reactions: Vol8188
DC and Virginia Brace for Riots as Leftists Target Downtown DC, Justices' Homes

FWBuoKgXgAIhD5E

Julio's source at D.C.'s Metropolitan Police Department said the agency was "currently deploying all available manpower to cover the city to prevent and respond to unrest" following the Supreme Court's ruling and officers were subsequently placed on "full mobilization."

The D.C. police's proactive response before anything has gotten out of control is a hopeful sign that radical leftists might be stopped from engaging in their threatened "night of rage" — but a quick look back at how Black Lives Matter and Antifa were not prevented from vandalizing, destroying, and burning blocks worth of the Capital City yields some healthy skepticism.

DC and Virginia Brace for Riots as Leftists Target Downtown DC, Justices' Homes

Donald Trump's Supreme Legacy

261ff812-8536-4488-87ec-cb7b9a731d29.jpg

The Supreme Court has handed down two historic victories – on the Second Amendment and abortion, delivering major blows to the anti-gun left and pro-abortionists. These victories would not have been possible without the vital appointments of constitutionalists by President Donald Trump. His supreme legacy.

261ff812-8536-4488-87ec-cb7b9a731d29.jpg

The Supreme Court has handed down two historic victories – on the Second Amendment and abortion, delivering major blows to the anti-gun left and pro-abortionists. These victories would not have been possible without the vital appointments of constitutionalists by President Donald Trump. His supreme legacy.

Don't like him as a person, wish we could find an upright, unifying conservative to lead our country, but this is spot on.

Why the Supreme Court's Abortion Ruling Has Reignited the Left's Hatred for Ruth Bader Ginsburg

03bc6f15-c04f-4521-8e14-da35254d4559.png

The Supreme Court handed down its opinion in the Dobbs case, and Roe v. Wade is no more. No, abortion is not banned. The original and heinous 1973 decision was overturned, and the issue is now sent back to the states. The legislative process is where this issue should be decided as abortion is not mentioned in the Constitution. Pass a law. If you want a right to an abortion, pass a law. The problem is Democrats really must bring their A-game convincing voters that baby-killing is a good thing. With this bunch, they’ll overreach. They’ll get too emotional. And they’ll come off as totally insane.

There is one woman we do need to thank. She has passed away, but her death also brought the end of Roe. The late Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg’s refusal to retire under the Obama presidency proved to be a critical moment, though we didn’t know it at the time. It’s the reason why the Left has turned against her.

Why the Supreme Court's Abortion Ruling Has Reignited the Left's Hatred for Ruth Bader Ginsburg

VN Store

Back