The Supreme Court of the United States Thread

But we agree it’s a human life at conception right?

Sure. But human life doesn’t equal a person equal to me and you. Personally, I think I’m more than just human genetic material.

Like I said, I don’t know where the line between life and being a person is drawn. But I’m confident being a person capable of feelings, pain, and thought isn’t at conception and I’m confident it is at late term pregnancy.

How would the state know an individual's reason for traveling to another state?

I'm curious about how that would be enforced.

A couple of years ago I was looking at a gun in the Redstone PX in Huntsville. They can't sell most guns to out of state buyers. Other states could use a similar provision for out of state abortions since most of us are actually citizens and have factual IDs and addresses.

Reactions: Orangeburst
Sure. But human life doesn’t equal a person equal to me and you. Personally, I think I’m more than just human genetic material.

Like I said, I don’t know where the line between life and being a person is drawn. But I’m confident being a person capable of feelings, pain, and thought isn’t at conception and I’m confident it is at late term pregnancy.

That's fine. You can disagree with the value of human life, but you can't argue it's just "genetic material" or "cells". It's a separate human life that you are ending. The fact that some would try to debate that shows how effective the leftist propaganda on this issue has been.

That's fine. You can disagree with the value of human life, but you can't argue it's just "genetic material" or "cells". It's a separate human life that you are ending. The fact that some would try to debate that shows how effective the leftist propaganda on this issue has been.

Are you more than just genetic material? And why?

A couple of years ago I was looking at a gun in the Redstone PX in Huntsville. They can't sell most guns to out of state buyers. Other states could use a similar provision for out of state abortions since most of us are actually citizens and have factual IDs and addresses.

The states that allow abortion to continue are unlikely to enact such laws.
The out of state gun laws are federal laws.

Reactions: hog88 and AM64
Agreed but I doubt, actually I will bet money that the Rs will shoot themselves in the foot.

I've said since the decision was leaked that this would be the thing that keeps the GOP from having a windfall in the next election - or two. Republicans just seem to have a knack for getting stuff wrong. The interesting thing will be demonstrations and whether dems can call off their dogs or make azzes of themselves ... again. That could work the other way this fall.

Looks fairly close to the age of many of the babies I spent 3 years caring for in the NICUs of All Children's and Tampa General. That experience and time with their families certainly influences my take on the sanctity of life.
That’s what it will take to change the minds and soften the hearts of many pro-abortion advocates.

I’m just saddened by all the “men” on this board and in this country that have punted their responsibility to care for the weaker vessels.

We stand on the front lines of war.
We protect women and we protect children, including the unborn.

I appreciate the work you do. My wife is an MD. It’s hard work. Mentally and emotionally. It really is.

So now we are going to attempt to hide from the truth again? Fun. Yes, to be alive is to be more than just genetic material. The dead have DNA and RNA.

Fine, are you more than just human life? What separates you from a body that is alive but in a permanent vegetative state?

Fine, are you more than just human life? What separates you from a body that is alive but in a permanent vegetative state?

You believe a fetus is a permanent condition? What's the point you're attempting to make? How about you just make it?

Reactions: 82_VOL_83
The states that allow abortion to continue are unlikely to enact such laws.
The out of state gun laws are federal laws.

Agree in both cases, and I think you are right, but there is a mechanism for limiting what non state residents may do. I can't see how it would really work unless states make compacts with other states, and that's really unlikely when you consider who might ban and who might allow abortions.

Reactions: txbo
Agree in both cases, and I think you are right, but there is a mechanism for limiting what non state residents may do. I can't see how it would really work unless states make compacts with other states, and that's really unlikely when you consider who might ban and who might allow abortions.

That would be a violation of interstate commerce.

You believe a fetus is a permanent condition? What's the point you're attempting to make? How about you just make it?

My point is clear. What we are now is not what we were at conception. Not sure how that can be misunderstood. You seem to be equating the two, which is fine.

If you are talking potential of human life, then why stop at conception? Is having sex not potential human life? We can draw this arbitrary line anywhere. At the end of the day, conception is not what I consider everything that entails being human.

My point is clear. What we are now is not what we were at conception. Not sure how that can be misunderstood. You seem to be equating the two, which is fine.

If you are talking potential of human life, then why stop at conception? Is having sex not potential human life? We can draw this arbitrary line anywhere. At the end of the day, conception is not what I consider everything that entails being human.

What are you are at 20 isn’t the same as what you are at 50.

We aren’t talking about potential life. We both already agreed it’s human life

Reactions: Bassmaster_Vol
So you support the death penalty?

My worldview is perfectly inconsistent. I support government sponsored capital punishment of convicted killers while placing a ban on murder. I suspect your worldview is a lot more convoluted

Again, I fixed your post.

You can justify government sponsored murder in your head but your stance is not consistent.

No, not a fan of the death penalty, only in a very few situations that modern prisons have fixed. It does not deter crime. It's not the Governments place to take human life. Also, the inconsistencies and statistics of the executed are immoral. You like statistics, go ahead and do your research. Plus, it's too expensive. Really, there is not an advantage to Government murder

Reactions: hog88
Again, I fixed your post.

You can justify government sponsored murder in your head but your stance is not consistent.

No, not a fan of the death penalty, only in a very few situations that modern prisons have fixed. It does not deter crime. It's not the Governments place to take human life. Also, the inconsistencies and statistics of the executed are immoral. You like statistics, go ahead and do your research. Plus, it's too expensive. Really, there is not an advantage to Government murder

I too oppose the death penalty.

Reactions: VFFL@THE BEACH
I've said since the decision was leaked that this would be the thing that keeps the GOP from having a windfall in the next election - or two. Republicans just seem to have a knack for getting stuff wrong. The interesting thing will be demonstrations and whether dems can call off their dogs or make azzes of themselves ... again. That could work the other way this fall.
There's not as much support for unrestricted abortion as they try to feed us.
If there was there would be no need to fear state regulation and no need for Roe v Wade protection.

What are you are at 20 isn’t the same as what you are at 50.

We aren’t talking about potential life. We both already agreed it’s human life

And what happens at implantation is not what happens at conception. We can play this game all day. My opinion is the line is drawn after conception.

And what happens at implantation is not what happens at conception. We can play this game all day. My opinion is the line is drawn after conception.

Not sure what you're trying to say. Not even sure you know what you're trying to say. Did not we both agree it was alive? So why are you trying to debate about "potential human life" if we already agree it's alive, not "potentially alive"

Not sure what you're trying to say. Not even sure you know what you're trying to say. Did not we both agree it was alive? So why are you trying to debate about "potential human life" if we already agree it's alive, not "potentially alive"

If you in a burning building and you have a choice to save a scared 10-year old girl or a 100 viable embryos, which are you choosing?

Simply saying it’s all “human life” leaves out a lot.

If you in a burning building and you have a choice to save a scared 10-year old girl or a 100 viable embryos, which are you choosing?

You're all over the place. It's impressive how bad you are at this, really. Do you agree a fetus is a human life? If so, why are you trying to now proclaim it's only "potential life"?

You're all over the place. It's impressive how bad you are at this, really. Do you agree a fetus is a human life? If so, why are you trying to now proclaim it's only "potential life"?

Yes, a fetus is a human life. How many times do I have to say this? Do I think a fetus is equal to a 10 year old kid, just because both are “human life”? Absolutely not.

Me thinks you don’t want to answer this scenario because you know the implication it has.

NINTCHDBPICT000742610146.jpg

Republican Rep Marjorie Taylor Greene celebrated the ruling outside the Supreme Court on FridayCredit: Reuters

VN Store

Back