Kennedy Chandler's future? [drafted No.38 to Memphis]

Fell out of the 1st round unfortunately. Will be interesting to see how far he falls - no guaranteed $$$ outside 1st round.

He probably could have gotten some good NIL $$$ for another year in college.

That’s kind of the question now in hindsight. NIL could have definitely padded those pockets and given another year of development to cement a 1-rd pick.

All wishful thinking now but it’s an interesting thought experiment.

Idk. But I never put much stock in to mock drafts before a season even starts. They mean nothing.
I go back and forth. They matter, because if you are ranked high pre-season and struggle early you’re bound to fall. If you’re ranked lower preseason and exceed expectations you’re likely to rise.

Well not really surprised Kennedy did not get picked in first round. I did not get in the debate on whether or not he needed another year even though I have lived in cities who had NBA teams. I suppose he could still go in the 2nd round but there is no guarantee like a 1st round pick would gets. Suppose he could always go to the G League and try and hook on with a NBA team that way if they end up needing a PG. I felt that while he improved a lot as the season went on that he needed one more year to improve his NBA lot. As he and other 5 Stars find out there is no guarantee that you are a certain 1st round choice staying and playing college ball isn't bad especially with NIL available.

That’s kind of the question now in hindsight. NIL could have definitely padded those pockets and given another year of development to cement a 1-rd pick.

Doubt it would have done any good unless that development included growing another 3 to 4 inches. It is what it is. Teams got cold feet over a 6 ft guard.

Looking like another year . . . Maybe NIL money would have been a better play for him.

He may not be drafted at all.
ESPN board has him the best remaining player. I’d be floored if he fell all the way out of the 2nd round.

I get the sense that everyone on the NBA's little draft show is just sort of talking around Chandler. Even during the first round, you could tell they didn't think he was going to get his name called anytime soon. None of them think he's worth it so far. Meh.

At this point, I would just tell the teams to not draft me in the second round and return to school and dominate the SEC next year to improve my stock. Crazy that he’s not a first round pick.
Nope, he hired an agent and lost college eligibility when he chose to do that.

It was discussed early on following the Vols early departure from the Tourney but most on the board shouted anyone down who suggested he may not get drafted in the top 20 or so but in no event would he fall outside the 1st round.

It’s often an echo chamber in many of the threads on this board and many get a bit touchy when there is a perceived negative comment/post/opinion.

It’s a shame that Chandler entered the draft and want taken in the 1st round.

IMO anyone not drafted in 1st round should be permitted to return to college to improve their game.

IMO anyone not drafted in 1st round should be permitted to return to college to improve their game.

This part I agree with. Not sure how they'd handle that logistically, but I feel like this should be an option for players if they want to take it. Imagine most wouldn't, but it should be allowed.

VN Store

Back