‘23 LA QB Arch Manning (Texas commit)

Why not? I wouldn't consider Arch Manning a traditional recruit. Most of the schools recruit top players with lavish facilities and now, NIL money. I don't think Arch and the Manning family care about that. They want him to have the best coach for him.

I still think he's more likely to end up somewhere like Texas, but Virginia might make a lot of sense for him if they really think Tony Elliot is the right coach. He'd be able to develop without all the pressure and media in places like Bama, UGA, and Texas. He's probably a starter on Day 1. Tony Elliot developed Trevor Lawrence (which is something that impresses the Manning family). His sister is already enrolled at UVa. UVa is the public school equivalent of Harvard. I don't know that he'll go that direction, but it's not that crazy.

He views his future as a football player. Virginia is not a football school. It is absolutely crazy to think he would go to UVA.

Great news. Though they’ll be in the sec next year so not sure how much it matters unless we keep the 2 east/west division system.

Texas was the perfect choice because it gave him the ability to still play in the SEC, have a good Avenue to the League and he wouldn’t have all the drama of pissing off his family and friends by going to a traditional rival.
I wouldn’t be surprised to see that Texas having Cut brought on staff didn’t seal the deal.

Texas was the perfect choice because it gave him the ability to still play in the SEC, have a good Avenue to the League and he wouldn’t have all the drama of pissing off his family and friends by going to a traditional rival.
I wouldn’t be surprised to see that Texas having Cut brought on staff didn’t seal the deal.

Cutcliffe on staff 100% sealed the deal. Third Manning to be coached by Cut and his track record is wild. Three QBs from Duke made it to the league and one was a first rounder? That’s making miracles happens

He’s not on staff at Texas. They almost hired him but he accepted a job with the SEC office

VN Store

Back