Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't complain, either.

Just for fun: So that guy is implying that if we and GA swapped our set games with AL and Auburn, that...
I look for AU to go even or less. I still think they’re on shaky ground, LSU to be overachievers and FL to be a push. It’ll be fun to revisit this after the season starts to see how it plays out.

I look for AU to go even or less. I still think they’re on shaky ground, LSU to be overachievers and FL to be a push. It’ll be fun to revisit this after the season starts to see how it plays out.
I agree with all three of your takes. That's what I mean: let GA play Bama and we play Auburn and see how the East might look then! I've said I think people are underestimating LSU, and I wouldn't be surprised if they are undefeated when we get to Baton Rouge.

Investing $24 million in btc has to have been born in Georgia. This is as bad as Michelson losing $200 million in gambling, but he is from the land of Fruits and Nuts.
It would be an awesome investment today, but not when it's at an all time high lol

It would be an awesome investment today, but not when it's at an all time high lol
When it was at an all time high all the media was in a frenzy warning people they needed to buy as a store of value. 😂 24/7, news and financial news.

I haven't been paying attention. Are they warning everybody off yet?

I bet college football is going to be really lame in a decade's time. It's going to be like Disney Star Wars -- a soulless, heartless moneymaker with none of the charm that drew people to it in the first place.
I agree, that attachment of it is slowly drifting away for me. Its just not as fun as it used to be, and its becoming more and more like the professionals. Business and greed kills pretty much everything.

I agree with all three of your takes. That's what I mean: let GA play Bama and we play Auburn and see how the East might look then! I've said I think people are underestimating LSU, and I wouldn't be surprised if they are undefeated when we get to Baton Rouge.
Florida is a push mostly by our ‘Kensucky’ mindset hump. I think even though we know Brian Kelly is creepy AF, I’ve lived in Louisiana twice and know how passionate they are about everything. They will support him and he will overachieve at least the first two seasons.

Reactions: Orange.
I agree, that attachment of it is slowly drifting away for me. Its just not as fun as it used to be, and its becoming more and more like the professionals. Business and greed kills pretty much everything.
Give the people what they want, I guess, but yeah. It isn't what it was. And it's not about Tennessee sucking, because that's been the case for 15 years. Even 5 or 10 years ago, even when I expected we'd be lousy, I'd be getting excited around this time of year, just waiting for the fun to resume. And now, it's whatever. I'm planning on going to some games. I'll cheer. I hope the Vols win every one. But I'm not happy about the general direction of things.

Give the people what they want, I guess, but yeah. It isn't what it was. And it's not about Tennessee sucking, because that's been the case for 15 years. Even 5 or 10 years ago, even when I expected we'd be lousy, I'd be getting excited around this time of year, just waiting for the fun to resume. And now, it's whatever. I'm planning on going to some games. I'll cheer. I hope the Vols win every one. But I'm not happy about the general direction of things.
Well, I am excited about Heup!

Its becoming more like the pros. The passion is gone, the differences are gone, the rivalries are way watered down now. I agree about starting to get excited, and not I feel similar. Its just flat.

Reactions: GoBigOrange86
Its becoming more like the pros. The passion is gone, the differences are gone, the rivalries are way watered down now. I agree about starting to get excited, and not I feel similar. Its just flat.
I made this remark earlier elsewhere to someone, but like...it feels very wrong to me that Missouri and Kansas don't play every year. I know nobody outside of those two states cared, but there was deep, deep history there. Real deep, beyond sports. They played for well over 100 years. And just threw it away over money. It feels gross and I don't like it.

I made this remark earlier elsewhere to someone, but like...it feels very wrong to me that Missouri and Kansas don't play every year. I know nobody outside of those two states cared, but there was deep, deep history there. Real deep, beyond sports. They played for well over 100 years. And just threw it away over money. It feels gross and I don't like it.
1041ECBB-4A71-4CF8-B0B6-80EF9428784D.gif

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
Guys - I figured it out. We simply jinxed ourselves.

We all declared all receivers would line up to play for us.

Since then we got McCoy, which is huge, but we missed on Kasper, Tate, Neyor, Shamar Porter, Demetrius Bell, Jaylon Robinson, couldn’t get Noah Rogers to visit, Benson likely Alabama, and this is just off the top of my head so I’m sure I’m missing some people.

What we have to do to reverse the jinx is simply declare that NO receiver would ever want to come here! It’s science!

Do this and watch receiver recruiting take off!

I don't think that's always true. I would have never known about spyre if I weren't on here, and most fans aren't on here.
It’s absolutely true. I’m not talking $19.51. I’m talking about what it took dating back to Johnny Majors. What tOSU gathered up for Tate and Innis wasn’t cobbled together off a 1-800 number. If a FAN isn’t on a message board or pay site they’ll still find a way.

Reactions: volbeast33
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back