Sick of all these SEC teams in WS

You only have to look at Gilbert & Anderson for your disappointment. Football soon.
Not trying to pick a fight with anyone. Just think Gilbert & Anderson let the team down. Also think the umpire was extremely unfair in the suspensions. I’m as pissed as anyone about losing the series.
I’m sick and tired of uninformed people blaming the supers loss on Gilbert. Do you even know what the score was at the time he got ejected??? We were losing 8-2. What happened after that? We closed the gap to 8-6 and ultimately lost. I could argue that his ejection got our guys a little more fired up and locked in. We destroyed them in Game 2 and fell short in Game 3 after Burns was pitching a gem until that ill fated 7th inning. I don’t think a lot of y’all actually watched these games and choose to just find someone to blame. If you want to blame something, blame the game of baseball. There’s a reason the number 1 overall seed hasn’t won since 1999 and the past 3 have been put out in supers. That’s just the way the sport is setup.

Don’t forget the top 5 hitters went like 3-17 in Game 3. I wouldn’t exactly pin in on 1 person.
I would've stuck with the same lineup he used in Game 2. Produced 12 runs I think.. He dropped Luke further down to protect the back end of the lineup. I know Gilbert was available but I would've rewarded the Game 2 players with the start in Game 3 then bring in Gilbert if needed.

Reactions: EZE
I would've stuck with the same lineup he used in Game 2. Produced 12 runs I think.. He dropped Luke further down to protect the back end of the lineup. I know Gilbert was available but I would've rewarded the Game 2 players with the start in Game 3 then bring in Gilbert if needed.
So if you were the coach with your season on the line, you would’ve benched a guy with a slash line of .362/.455/.673? An All-American that walks more than he strikes out and drove in 70 runs this season. I think I’ve seen and heard it all now 🤣

Who do you think breaks through with a NC first:

Vitello, Heupel, or Barnes . . . Or no one.

No one is most likely.

But I think Vitello is by far closer to achieving that as a reality.

They choked against ND. I think they will be back.
I think TV is number 1 on the list, and then JH. I've got zero faith in RB winning a NC.

Reactions: SonOfGodVolforlife

No one is most likely.

This deserves it own thread discussion.
Vitello would be the easy choice for everybody, Rick Barnes will never make it out of the second round and coach huep has the toughest mtn of the three.

Barnes and Vitello definitely will not win NC here. We haven't shown that we are smart enough under pressure for that.

Still a chance with Harper and Heupel.
billy-madison-dumber.gif

Responses like this leave me scratching my head. The Vol baseball program wasn’t even on the radar until Vitello showed up. They were abysmal. So what if we never win a NC? Do you know how hard and rare that is? What are you suggesting, get another coach? You don’t think at 43 years old Vitello is our best option, then I just don’t know what to say or think.

TV is a great coach and I want him to stay many years. How do you get that I want a new coach? He's the best we ever had. He just won't get a NC here.
The question was asking about a NC here. You yourself state "so what if we never win a NC" Dude, that was the question.

You're quite good at putting words in people's mouths.

People post an opinion on this site then get roasted FOR AN OPINION!

Get over it. Some people may not agree with you Einsteins.

No one is most likely.

Kellie Harper is the answer

TV is a great coach and I want him to stay many years. How do you get that I want a new coach? He's the best we ever had. He just won't get a NC here.
The question was asking about a NC here. You yourself state "so what if we never win a NC" Dude, that was the question.

You're quite good at putting words in people's mouths.
Maybe he will. If he stays until he’s 60, that’s 17 years. Do I think he’ll make it to multiple World Series in that time? Yes. Does that give you a chance? Yes. Do you have a crystal ball that definitively predicts the future? No

Barnes and Vitello definitely will not win NC here. We haven't shown that we are smart enough under pressure for that.

Still a chance with Harper and Heupel.
I’m glad we have a soothsayer on this board. Can you tell me the Powerball numbers for today’s lottery drawing?

Reactions: EZE and MAD
Maybe he will. If he stays until he’s 60, that’s 17 years. Do I think he’ll make it to multiple World Series in that time? Yes. Does that give you a chance? Yes. Do you have a crystal ball that definitively predicts the future? No
Literally was thinking the same thing 🤣

Reactions: chuckiepoo and MAD
I cannot imagine the immense pressure created by this team’s sustained success. There’s a reason #1’s don’t make it all the way.

As for the other SEC teams; they’re all thanking God above we got knocked off so they didn’t have to experience another righteous beating from the Big Orange.

It was an awesome season!

I cannot imagine the immense pressure created by this team’s sustained success. There’s a reason #1’s don’t make it all the way.

As for the other SEC teams; they’re all thanking God above we got knocked off so they didn’t have to experience another righteous beating from the Big Orange.

It was an awesome season!

Yes, #1’s always face pressure. But this team faced more pressure than any team in history. College baseball is much more exposed and publicized than it ever has been. This team was #1 for most of the season. Talk of “best team ever” started halfway through the season. No other team ever dealt with that level of pressure.

That’s why I hated the best ever talk. It felt like a setup.

No one is most likely.

Thank you!! I have been saying this and getting hammered ever sense the tourney. So be ready, if any of the bunch that were reading and reacting to negative statements are still around reading statements like this you will get hammered.

You only have to look at Gilbert & Anderson for your disappointment. Football soon.
My expectations are low for football, though. My only hope is we become another Mike Leach-like Texas Tech team - no hardware, but lots of eye candy. I can dig it.

This deserves it own thread discussion.
Vitello would be the easy choice for everybody, Rick Barnes will never make it out of the second round and coach huep has the toughest mtn of the three.
I agree that neither will, only because we are cursed. But if I rolled the dice with one, it would be TV by a landslide. Barnes chokes in the postseason - his Sweet 16 team should have won it all. I like Heupel, but he has a long, LONG way to catch UGly and AlaInbred.

Reactions: SonOfGodVolforlife
So the final four teams in Omaha are 3 SEC teams and one future one.
kind of hard to argue against the superiority of the league even without the Vols there.
and it stings even a little more that ND went out early. How did we lose to them? Sigh.

VN Store

Back