Sick of all these SEC teams in WS

Who do you think breaks through with a NC first:

Vitello, Heupel, or Barnes . . . Or no one.

No one is most likely.

But I think Vitello is by far closer to achieving that as a reality.

They choked against ND. I think they will be back.
Think there is a better chance for a NC with Lady Vols basketball or softball. Between the big 3, hope Heupel gets the first.

Barnes and Vitello definitely will not win NC here. We haven't shown that we are smart enough under pressure for that.

Still a chance with Harper and Heupel.

Barnes and Vitello definitely will not win NC here. We haven't shown that we are smart enough under pressure for that.

I’ve got chronic BVS but that’s way too negative on Vitello. You do realize he took arguably the worst historic SEC baseball program and gave us two conference titles in a year when the SEC had the majority of Omaha teams? He’s a young coach who didn’t have the support of his pitching coach and had an ice cold team.

I’m big on Heupel but he’s done less than Vitello given the circumstances of each program. His post-season loss was the bigger choke job. Maybe we never see that natty but things are getting better in every sport but maybe softball. Tomorrow will be better and like you, I’m freaking sick of losing in the post-season. At least now, teams are starting to laugh at us because they’re scared of UT being relevant, not the bleak comedy of errors we’ve had the last 20 years. Go Vols.

Last edited:
Who do you think breaks through with a NC first:

Vitello, Heupel, or Barnes . . . Or no one.

No one is most likely.

But I think Vitello is by far closer to achieving that as a reality.

They choked against ND. I think they will be back.
Get ready to receive all sorts of hate for this comment. If you keep it realistic but are the slightest bit critical-you’ll get told by the board that you’re a troll and to go cheer for some other team. They especially hate it when you combine positive and negative in your comment because we have to maintain this false dichotomy of either sunshine pumping or negavoling

Reactions: savannahfan

Responses like this leave me scratching my head. The Vol baseball program wasn’t even on the radar until Vitello showed up. They were abysmal. So what if we never win a NC? Do you know how hard and rare that is? What are you suggesting, get another coach? You don’t think at 43 years old Vitello is our best option, then I just don’t know what to say or think.

VN Store

Back