Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do y’all have plans to advertise and be present at games to put this in front of fans? I am sure the majority of our Fanbase will not even know about this unless it is put in front of them at games or some other method.

Yes. We’re a few weeks from launching a new website and will be launching an ad campaign to drive awareness leading into football season.

Honestly you just need to advertise more, Twitter is great but your main supporters are guys like us on this board, I can almost guarantee half of your members are posters on here.

Your main people that would love to donate to the cause could be reached by better advertisement. Start advertising any and everywhere. On game tickets, on billboards, on stadium walls, anywhere and everywhere.

You have to get those individuals that have the money to do it, and Twitter is full of a lot of kiddos.

Do a Spyre tailgate for the football games, etc. that will get people interested.

Most of this is in the works in some form or fashion. We will be much more present as we start to lead into football season.

VolNation: “Wow! Things are really going great. Optimism is up. BVS is down. Recruiting is going great in every sport. Baseball team is heading to Omaha and looks like they can’t be stopped. We’re even winning titles in the non-revenue sports. Nothing can stop this train right now!”

Peyton Manning: “I think I’ll try to make it in for a super regional game…”

As a player:
Peyton MANning

As a fan:
Peyton MEHning

CBS Sports has Kennedy Chandler going #26 to Houston.
The Athletic has Chandler going #29 to Memphis.

I don't get the Memphis prediction, what would be the idea there? Doesn't Ja run point? So KC would just be coming to peak as his backup or could they move Ja to SG?

That’s cool and all but it’s also deja vu of explaining away why the Vols always miss out on elite classes. It’s always some version of our current staff’s “moral” high road philosophy of not making promises, paying players, etc. And turns out that’s usually mainly bullsh*t considering the last staff paid everyone.

It doesn’t bother me that we recruit 10-20th every year. I just want to win games. I also just want all the excuses to go away.

“Won’t pay them”
“Won’t make promises”
“Not our culture”

How about just admitting and accepting that we won’t even have a chance for an elite class until we consistently put a better product on the field. Not that many superstar recruits gonna sign up to go play for a program that hasn’t been good their entire lives.
Loyal service means telling hard truths.

Reactions: MarcoVol
I don't get the Memphis prediction, what would be the idea there? Doesn't Ja run point? So KC would just be coming to peak as his backup or could they move Ja to SG?

Tyus Jones has been their backup and is now a free agent. Both sides want to be back, but Jones also wants to be a starter and will get a nice contract. The Grizzlies are looking for a backup and at a cheaper price. KC would be a nice addition. Ja’s minutes are monitored throughout the year, and KC would get plenty of time if he is good enough. KC won’t be a starter right away with any team that takes him.

Reactions: SoilVol
The short answer is more money and more people. I want our collective to be the first to 10,000 members. I’ve been told Florida currently has around 2000-2500, we currently have less than that by a decent amount. I do not like losing to Florida in anything.

There’s not a ton or fanbases that can get involved in mass like ours. We just need everyone to mobilize and join the movement! Tell everyone you know to join and if people don’t want to, tell me why and we’ll see if we can address any issues that are preventing people from being involved.

I just joined. We're not having this crap.

So can Spyre still offer deals to prospective athletes and not just to current players?
For High school athletes according to the NCAA they can’t and neither can any other collective however spyre is a business so nobody can realistically tell them how to spend their money if that makes sense

Reactions: ACvol3
I just heard lines are forming at the Henley Street Bridge. What bad news did I miss?

I saw where Parker picked Penn State today. Was that a big surprise or were we thought to be in that race?

I really hope we start to see some momentum on the recruiting trail soon. Last month, they made it seem like we'd see a lot of commits between this month and next. Doesn't seem to be happening. Not sure where all the hope has disappeared to. Still plenty of time for a good class. Not as confident it will be Top 10 though.

Reactions: GoBigOrange86
I saw where Parker picked Penn State today. Was that a big surprise or were we thought to be in that race?

I really hope we start to see some momentum on the recruiting trail soon. Last month, they made it seem like we'd see a lot of commits between this month and next. Doesn't seem to be happening. Not sure where all the hope has disappeared to. Still plenty of time for a good class. Not as confident it will be Top 10 though.
We need to surprise some folks this year on the field IMO. I still think 7 or 8 wins is keeping pace, but 9 or 10 will open eyes.

Reactions: Woodlawn VOL
Florida has no business having more members for their nil than we do, that has to change fast

To be fair and...just looking at it objectively, UF's total enrollment is significantly larger than ours. It's a really big school. Those graduates add up over time.

But we still shouldn't be outdone. We are more passionate and loyal I have no doubt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back