2022 World Series Analysis and Discussion Thread

The sad thing...if they could have stayed calm against N.D., I think they would have relaxed in Omaha and played good ball.

We'll never know
Sure wont.
Next year's team will not be better, almost impossible to match this years squad.
They'll be a more experienced club and hopefully a wiser club.

Sure wont.
Next year's team will not be better, almost impossible to match this years squad.
They'll be a more experienced club and hopefully a wiser club.

Yup. Notre Dame's maturity carried the weekend that time. We let our emotions get the better of us.

After semi-watching them for three days in Omaha, their bats don't do that much against stout right handed pitchers. We might have been ok if Beam had replace Burns in top of the 7th. Hindsight is 20/20.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
As I recall, we were 11-2 against SEC West.

Yeah, although it probably should be noted that we did not play series against the top 3 teams in the SEC West in terms of final conference record. You could argue that those teams records were enhanced by not playing us, but nobody knows if we would've accrued a few more Ls if we had played them.

Reactions: chuckiepoo and MAD
They said the same thing after 2021 too, I’d say 2022 team surpassed expectations.
Expectations for me is Omaha. I don't expect any team in the near future to do what this 2022 team did, they were off the charts historically.

I don't know, but I sure wish we'd play the World Series Irish team. So frustrating that we beat the crap out of many of these teams.

Notre Dame is not that good. We absolutely choked against them first and third games. These guys have played like utter crap their last two games.

We lost 7 games all year but lose twice to these guys. No excuses. We are the way more talented team.

Notre Dame is not that good. We absolutely choked against them first and third games. These guys have played like utter crap their last two games.

We lost 7 games all year but lose twice to these guys. No excuses. We are the way more talented team.
Yes - we choked. UT sports in general is known for this. I was listening to Brent Hubbs a few days after losing game 3 . . . And he said you could just tell the team was playing tight as evidenced by repeated misfires on easy infield throws.

Yes - we choked. UT sports in general is known for this. I was listening to Brent Hubbs a few days after losing game 3 . . . And he said you could just tell the team was playing tight as evidenced by repeated misfires on easy infield throws.

There was no doubt they were tight....even in the regionals. That is merely a part of being the # 1 seed for so long. But, you have to fight through that stuff some days.

Having watched them play more now, there is really no point in sending a lefty to mound against Notre Dame. Only one of their two switch hitters appears to prefer the left side.

Wish we had simply given them a steady dose of our 6 or 7 best right handed pitchers.

Chris Burke mentioning that Bill Mosiello is the new head coach at Ohio State.

I must have been living in a hole to not have heard that news before.

Surprised with Mo’s “baggage” that he got a power 5 (sort of) job like that.

Awesome coach but some anger management issues that has gotten him in trouble several times

The
Chris Burke mentioning that Bill Mosiello is the new head coach at Ohio State.

I must have been living in a hole to not have heard that news before.

Surprised with Mo’s “baggage” that he got a power 5 (sort of) job like that.

Awesome coach but some anger management issues that has gotten him in trouble several times

Calling Ohio State baseball a dumpster fire would be a grave injustice to the dumpster

Reactions: chuckiepoo and MAD
That is a question that many confused people have been asking for ages. Below is some insight into the silliness:

Aggie Yells - Texas A&M Galveston, TX
Go to Midnight Yell practice one time and you will learn them all. We went to it when the Vols played at A&M a couple of years ago. I have to admit, it was a lot of fun and impressive. However, I can’t pull for them. If ND can’t pull this out, Im all in for Ole Miss

Notre Dame using the same pitchers they used against us in game 3.

Link should be closing on that new house in Tallahassee by Thursday.
He’s so gone. Today’s ND starting pitcher‘s Dad told me after they beat us last Sunday that he didn’t care if Link went to FSU because “this was his son’s last year because he was going pro”. I thought what a thing to say, not one care or thought about the team. Plus, his son hasn’t been impressive with a ERA north of 5. Link is one of the best coaches in college imho and will thrive at his alma mater FSU where he can take advantage of playing baseball in all 4 seasons, hit the stud JUCO channels, and recruit like crazy.

The

Calling Ohio State baseball a dumpster fire would be a grave injustice to the dumpster

The NCAA and the baseball press fawn all over ANY Big10 team that shows a pulse and the NCAA would build stadium if needed to have OSU host a regional.
Despite this, they suck worse every season that goes by.

A fiery guy like Mo could do well in Columbus. However, he will go off like a Roman Candle if he does not feel like the administration is supporting him. He's stormed off the job in the middle of a season for less.

The NCAA and the baseball press fawn all over ANY Big10 team that shows a pulse and the NCAA would build stadium if needed to have OSU host a regional.
Despite this, they suck worse every season that goes by.

A fiery guy like Mo could do well in Columbus. However, he will go off like a Roman Candle if he does not feel like the administration is supporting him. He's stormed off the job in the middle of a season for less.

But to be fair, Bill was at TCU for 9 years. That's a VERY long time by college baseball assistant standards and MASSIVE by Mosiello's past. Perhaps he had to get to his late 40s and 50s to stop sweating the small stuff

Go to Midnight Yell practice one time and you will learn them all. We went to it when the Vols played at A&M a couple of years ago. I have to admit, it was a lot of fun and impressive. However, I can’t pull for them. If ND can’t pull this out, Im all in for Ole Miss

I have a graduate degree from Texas, so I will certainly not be attending Aggie yell practice…

VN Store

Back