The Official 2nd Amendment Appreciation Thread

As expected I was still lousy on the skeet fields. Don’t care, it was perfect weather. I wish I could get out more than once a month.
7D3EAA58-0D02-45DB-886B-88DFD8F8EC0C.jpeg

Also ran some pistols. Ran some drills with my carry pistol with the red dot. My initial draw speed isn’t exactly where I want it in terms of getting on target. Follow up shots are so much faster. Firing at an 8” plate about 15 yards down range, I put a lot more lead on steel at a high rate of speed. Strong hand shooting was decent as well. Didn’t do a ton of weak hand this time. I’ll keep working on presentation.

As expected I was still lousy on the skeet fields. Don’t care, it was perfect weather. I wish I could get out more than once a month.
View attachment 461078

Also ran some pistols. Ran some drills with my carry pistol with the red dot. My initial draw speed isn’t exactly where I want it in terms of getting on target. Follow up shots are so much faster. Firing at an 8” plate about 15 yards down range, I put a lot more lead on steel at a high rate of speed. Strong hand shooting was decent as well. Didn’t do a ton of weak hand this time. I’ll keep working on presentation.
Lol
Looks like a great day though

My Ruger Precision Rifle is going to need a barrel within a year. I'd like to get a good one but will need a gunsmith to finish it. Anyone know one that's good at it in the general area of Chattanooga?

Reactions: Orangeslice13
My Ruger Precision Rifle is going to need a barrel within a year. I'd like to get a good one but will need a gunsmith to finish it. Anyone know one that's good at it in the general area of Chattanooga?

What are the symptoms of a worn barrel? Significant loss of accuracy? Key holing? How many rounds have you put through it?

I suppose your application means that any loss of accuracy is a disaster.

I bought the gun used with 1,300 rounds through it already. It still shoots better than me, but I expect sometime in the next year I'll start to see a loss of accuracy. I stay around 2,650 fps so it shouldn't wear too badly. I only go to 300 yards now. May try 500 next month, as they only set that up one weekend a month. A new Bartlein is only $500 or so, but I'm guessing that it needs to be chambered & installed well or I'll be wasting my money. Never have needed a gunsmith for anything of this importance so I'm looking for referrals.

Here's last Sunday playing around with a load.
IMG_0868.jpg

that 17 is an amazing rifle, just a bit unwieldy for me at this point in my life (not by much) I’m sure you’ll love it……probably already do.

That SC Elite is my very favorite. I’ve had a few versions and would love to get my hands on one of those…….I’m sure I will one of these days. I had the Battlefield Trophy edition but I soured on the look of it quick…….I just couldn’t do it. Got rid of it within a week……however that one you got is one of the best “looking” special versions I’ve seen in anything in quite a while.

56EB7CBB-1A97-4CC7-B9F9-3255F2B7F63A.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: YankeeVol
that 17 is an amazing rifle, just a bit unwieldy for me at this point in my life (not by much) I’m sure you’ll love it……probably already do.

That SC Elite is my very favorite. I’ve had a few versions and would love to get my hands on one of those…….I’m sure I will one of these days. I had the Battlefield Trophy edition but I soured on the look of it quick…….I just couldn’t do it. Got rid of it within a week……however that one you got is one of the best “looking” special versions I’ve seen in anything in quite a while.

View attachment 465901
Agreed, which is why it went home with me lol

SCARs aren't as unwieldy as their AR counterparts. The 16 is really the wife's. She likes it best out of all the guns she has shot.

Agreed, which is why it went home with me lol

SCARs aren't as unwieldy as their AR counterparts. The 16 is really the wife's. She likes it best out of all the guns she has shot.

Now days I have RA and it’s a bit heavy for me especially with ammo and a scope and all.

So now days I’m usually shooting something a bit lighter unless it’s on a vice or double bag or something.

but it is freakin awesome…….and man that Canik is beautiful.

(I have my ENT (every now & then) AR lightened up to 5.7 lbs with an optic, light, foregrip and all)

Last edited:
Just bought myself a new one on Sunday
A Rueger LCP II. 22LR. Yeah I know not the most exciting gun on the block but I just wanted something small that I could put some shells through that wouldn't cost an arm and a leg.

Report back when you put 200-300 rounds through it, if you would be so kind. I carry the LCP Max in .380 when I run and I also have the original LCP. I’ve given some thought the fact that accuracy likely trumps terminal ballistics, so the .22 version makes good sense. It would allow me to practice a lot more and the reduced kick would be very beneficial.

The biggest concern though is overall reliability and I would like to see how well yours runs.

Yessir!

4875db3a-18ac-4368-9ad3-3231b0e6bb89-jpeg.471403

Attachments

• 4875DB3A-18AC-4368-9AD3-3231B0E6BB89.jpeg
    4875DB3A-18AC-4368-9AD3-3231B0E6BB89.jpeg
    303.6 KB · Views: 132
This 10/22 is an absolute cheat code. I was pinging the 50 yard steel target like it was a typewriter. Down the line I will probably get the Magpul Backpacker stock, a red dot and a suppressor. For the time being, it’s perfect. A lot more fun than my AR.

8C14CD51-0229-484D-9636-A9CD66592F7D.jpeg

VN Store

Back