Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right there with you. Thankful to celebrate with my kids, but dad’s brain has forgotten me. Dementia…

And mom died in 2009. Mother’s Day has been kind of melancholy since. I love celebrating my wife, but the competing emotions are tough.

Thankful I still have my older brother. He and I are close. Nothing like a good hug and slap on the back to get right.
I sympathize with your situation. I still have mom thankfully, and dad also, but he’s fading due to that awful disease. That’s why he’s in my avi. My heart goes out to you.

Don’t want to hear anything else about emotional females! This is worse than a bunch of high school girls. I hung around with boys to avoid it. Not sure what to do in here.
Doug.gif

TN admin is not cutting Spyres hands off. Good Lord guys. Tate is from Illinois and grew up an Ohio St fan. CJ Allen is from Georgia who just won a title. Conyer is coming here this weekend. Chill the F out. Mauioga and Nico and both families are here this weekend
1655774614104.gif
I’m pretty sure about 2/3rds of our fans are nuts. Registered, with papers. Melting down over one WR

We have some real crybabies in this fanbase.

I just went to the other sites to get to the root of this Spyre/admin rumor.

It's so typical...

Bad news happens. Our fan base starts a sharp spiral. "This is the end." "We'll never be good again." "I hate player/coach/sports/whatever."

Then the optimists and realists point out a silver lining or a reason to be positive. The negative people spiraling immediately stab the positivity to death, usually with nothing concrete to back it up.

Which is exactly what happened in this case. "Hey, we lost one, but if we keep it up with NIL we can continue making strides."

"Nuh uh, because the admin stunted Spyre so we'll never get good players again."

Maintain some damn fortitude. My goodness. Control what you can control, which is making our NIL the strongest. The admin isn't out to cut our legs out from under us.

The 7 maxims can get you through anything. Our fans need to learn them again and find a quiet place sometimes.

Huh?

They can only put in play the resources that they have to work with. They set up a program that WE as fans can enable. That guy from Spyre came on here and said his stetch goal was 10,000 members, which we should already be at quite frankly. Then he said we don't even have as many as Florida does, which is just over 2,000.

For a fan base that beats their chest about passion and pride, we sure aren't fueling the machine that was going to launch us back into relevance.
I didn't mean they weren't trying, they are just not going to play with the big boys on very many players. I didn't say it was their fault....it just sounds like they shot their wad with Nico and now can't play ball for the rest of the big boys. We are back to being also rans.

Blame it on me if you want, I'm doing all I can.

We have some real crybabies in this fanbase.

I just went to the other sites to get to the root of this Spyre/admin rumor.

It's so typical...

Bad news happens. Our fan base starts a sharp spiral. "This is the end." "We'll never be good again." "I hate player/coach/sports/whatever."

Then the optimists and realists point out a silver lining or a reason to be positive. The negative people spiraling immediately stab the positivity to death, usually with nothing concrete to back it up.

Which is exactly what happened in this case. "Hey, we lost one, but if we keep it up with NIL we can continue making strides."

"Nuh uh, because the admin stunted Spyre so we'll never get good players again."

Maintain some damn fortitude. My goodness. Control what you can control, which is making our NIL the strongest. The admin isn't out to cut our legs out from under us.

The 7 maxims can get you through anything. Our fans need to learn them again and find a quiet place sometimes.
I just think you, and some of our other esteemed posters, need to stop talking about McGill like this....

;)

I didn't mean they weren't trying, they are just not going to play with the big boys on very many players. I didn't say it was their fault....it just sounds like they shot their wad with Nico and now can't play ball for the rest of the big boys. We are back to being also rans.

Blame it on me if you want, I'm doing all I can.
We can do more and will do more. They just need more.

I would never do some 🦬💩 like blame you, McGill

Right there with you. Thankful to celebrate with my kids, but dad’s brain has forgotten me. Dementia…

And mom died in 2009. Mother’s Day has been kind of melancholy since. I love celebrating my wife, but the competing emotions are tough.

Thankful I still have my older brother. He and I are close. Nothing like a good hug and slap on the back to get right.
I know what you're going through. My dad passed back in Aug and he had Dementia, so like you he didn't know me be he recognized me as a person being around.
Yesterday was my 1st Fathers day without him and it wasn't too cheerful. My sons wished my a happy fathers day but it wasn't too happy

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back