What do think next years lineup will be?

I’m on record as predicting he and Kirby give us a great righty/lefty closer combo ala Dibble/Charlton.
Randy Myers was the closer the heavy majority of the time, with over 30 saves...at least for the World Championship year of 1990. Dibble and Charlton were a smaller part of the closer role in that season. I think '91 was a diffferent story, however. I realize you weren't necessarily speaking only about the outstanding '90 season.

A lot of us thought there was a good chance he’d start. Hitting 22 bombs and 70+ RBIs was not considered by anyone.

I found this thread I started right after the draft, when we knew Moore and Burns were coming to UT, but we didn’t yet know that Evan, Luc, and Red would be back. Also thought Kessler was a lock to catch.

I had Trey in the lineup, but at DH because I thought Steenstra would develop and he’s a better fielder. But I mentioned below he could start anywhere in the infield. Some replies in that thread had Trey starting at 3rd, though. Funny to see what we got right and wrong. Ortega is the one no one saw starting. Lawson was discounted by most too.

Projecting the 2022 lineup

I found this thread I started right after the draft, when we knew Moore and Burns were coming to UT, but we didn’t yet know that Evan, Luc, and Red would be back. Also thought Kessler was a lock to catch.

I had Trey in the lineup, but at DH because I thought Steenstra would develop and he’s a better fielder. But I mentioned below he could start anywhere in the infield. Some replies in that thread had Trey starting at 3rd, though. Funny to see what we got right and wrong. Ortega is the one no one saw starting. Lawson was discounted by most too.

That was a great thread! Some quality prognostication in there.

It was fun reading back over that. Thanks for posting it, Mook. I noticed OldTimer nailed it with Russell coming back to catch predicition. A number of people (not me) did predict Trey at 3d. Kyle Booker was almost universally projected to start in left. Stevenson was viewed as a 2nd baseman. Almost no one saw Jorel as a starter anywhere.

Nice investigative reporting…aka digging through archives! 😉

Reactions: NighthawkVol
It was fun reading back over that. Thanks for posting it, Mook. I noticed OldTimer nailed it with Russell coming back to catch predicition. A number of people (not me) did predict Trey at 3d. Kyle Booker was almost universally projected to start in left. Stevenson was viewed as a 2nd baseman. Almost no one saw Jorel as a starter anywhere.

Don’t call me Mook. You insult both of us. 😉

Decent chance Im completely wrong here. Random guess by me:

C - Taylor (he does the off-season work to get there)
1b - Burke
2b - Ortega/Lawson
SS - Ahuna
3B - Lawson/Ortega
LF - Moore/Dickey
CF - Stephenson
RF - Dickey/Moore
DH - Steenstra

C. Moore was more highly rated coming out of high school than any of the crop we're sending to the pros. I expect to see him in the infield next year.

I don’t see Taylor getting the catching job even if we miss on Skenes. the poor kid can’t hit a lick and Tony isn’t going to put an automatic out in his lineup if he doesn’t have to.

if Dickey had been 100%, he would’ve caught the game Russell missed with that panic attack

Reactions: NighthawkVol

VN Store

Back