stock market was up today...

Here is the dot plot. Factor in where we are today and you can see how many rate hikes to go. And then look at 2023. Well they haven’t been right yet so I don’t see why anybody could see inflation peaking by end of 2023. 🤷‍♂️

224695AF-81D8-46C7-B1BF-C8CBAAF08D11.png

So what you are saying is the economy is permanently hosed, so get used to it?

Big picture it is no more hosed than it was during every other time of inflation. Have not looked into it but imagine the charting looks like a staircase. Inflation goes up, prices go up, inflation subsides, prices level off.

Next!

The staircase never goes down.

You can make an argument this is because we went off the gold standard. No tie to anything (relatively) absolute.

Reactions: AM64
Here's an interesting chart on the price of gasoline over the years. Notice the recent spikes and think which party was in control during those times. What is interesting is that the average cost when adjusted for inflation was going down in times of record low inflation.... except for Soetoro's time in office.... and of course the current abortion that's in office. I can't wait to see 2022's numbers. But that's everybody else's fault but his, amiright?

View attachment 464334

You are trying too hard.

Whatever Biden could do is not going to have a huge difference on gas prices in the short term. When you just lash out in a partisan way it detracts from the bona fide policy discussions.

You are trying too hard.

Whatever Biden could do is not going to have a huge difference on gas prices in the short term. When you just lash out in a partisan way it detracts from the bona fide policy discussions.
Policy decisions? Like going to war with the oil industry before Trump's moving van has even pulled off the grounds?

Policy decisions? Like going to war with the oil industry before Trump's moving van has even pulled off the grounds?
I'm pretty sure that Biden is going to enact the Carter era price controls, since it worked so well the last time around, along with the "windfall profit tax". Capping the price of oil along with taxing the crap out of oil companies will fix our problem.

I'm pretty sure that Biden is going to enact the Carter era price controls, since it worked so well the last time around, along with the "windfall profit tax". Capping the price of oil along with taxing the crap out of oil companies will fix our problem.

No doubt that an extra tax on oil companies won’t be passed on to consumers. Amiright?

Last edited:
You speak as if it’s past tense. It hasn’t even begun yet.

Think the bottom half of Americans are still holding onto that “wealth” accrued in 2020?
You said:

The Covid shutdowns, and the resulting fallout, are going to send wealth inequality through the roof.
Now if you want to extend everything that happened after the shutdowns for two or three years, whatever, but the initial fallout from the shutdowns was the opposite of what you said.

America’s Inequality Problem Just Improved for the First Time in a Generation

1655356789826.png

Reactions: allvol123
You said:

Now if you want to extend everything that happened after the shutdowns for two or three years, whatever, but the initial fallout from the shutdowns was the opposite of what you said.

America’s Inequality Problem Just Improved for the First Time in a Generation

View attachment 464490

If this data includes the fed stimulus payment then the data is quite skewed because it’s not reality. I need to see those numbers without taking into account the fed stimulus packages going to those making below a certain amount of income which is where the whole “bottom 50%” live.

Actually, Nixon got the ball rolling with his the Gold Shock...

Remembering Nixon’s Wage and Price Controls

On Aug. 15, 1971, in a nationally televised address, Nixon announced, “I am today ordering a freeze on all prices and wages throughout the United States.”

After a 90‐day freeze, increases would have to be approved by a “Pay Board” and a “Price Commission,” with an eye toward eventually lifting controls — conveniently, after the 1972 election.

Putting the U.S. economy “into a permanent straitjacket would … stifle the expansion of our free enterprise system,” Nixon said. As President George W. Bush put it in 2008, sometimes you have to “abandon free‐market principles to save the free‐market system.”

If this data includes the fed stimulus payment then the data is quite skewed because it’s not reality. I need to see those numbers without taking into account the fed stimulus packages going to those making below a certain amount of income which is where the whole “bottom 50%” live.
Also don't forget the people who were bringing home $1k a week to not work. I can't understand how this has led to runaway inflation.

Funny how some of the talking heads on CNBC, Bloomberg, etc. said “the rate increases by the Fed are largely priced into the market.” Lulz. Good times. In all seriousness though, the Fed has been telegraphing much larger and numerous rate increases as of late. A little surprised the market is this upset. Buy! Buy! Buy!

VN Store

Back