Official 2022 Summer Ball Thread

I'm not qualified to talk theory on message boards ;) but I copied and pasted your run down to the top of the very first post. I can click on your links, so as far as I can tell (and feel free to tell me otherwise) it works.

This will work fine. Thx.

Reactions: VolPack22
I think we’re gonna see a little shake up for the guys going to the Foresters. Now Lawson and Ensley are on the roster and the others are not. I never could see Blade going out there and I started to have my doubts about Seth. In Cape news I don’t think any of are guys are there yet, based on stats none have played, if they go they’ll probably report next week. No news on who goes Team USA.

This will work fine. Thx.

Please let me know if I need to do something. I started it as a change of pace after a loss and the driveby negavols were coming out of the woodwork.

squirrel-doug.gif

Before tonight’s game, here are Vol stats with the Owls:

Ethan Smith: 2 games, 4.46 ERA, 12.1IP, 11 SO, 2 W, 2-0 record.
Angus Pence: 48 PA, .244 BA, .603 OPS, .311 SLG, .292 OBP, 6 RBI, O HR.
Tonight Ethan had a no decision. I think Angus had an RBI, but not certain.
And here’s some postgame autograph photos.
4AC986ED-E8D4-4051-A6D4-6E34B6E8576A.jpegA5E0B76E-851E-42C6-88FC-347691E08092.jpeg

I think each player has a different plan for summer ball. Some is to develop something whether pitching or hitting. Some is to get reps. Some just to enjoy the game because college season is so intense. Some to finish out their pitching limits. You can't take them all the same. Some are using it to prepare for next year or hope to get better to earn a spot.
All true. Back in my day I played in the Valley League (VA), Kansas Jayhawk League, and Cape Cod (Wareham). I never liked summer ball too much. I used it to hit the weights hard (definitely hurt my batting), but that was the perfect time to hit heavy weights hard since it was out of season. That really paid off for me between my soph. and junior years! My whole year was planned around the college season. Summer was a kind-of "had to do it" thing. Not many scouts in the Valley or Jayhawk league, but man, there were 40 a game in the Cape. Made some friends, but all in all, I cannot say I got a ton out of the summer leagues, but it did keep a ball, glove and bat in my hand till fall practice started.

VN Store

Back