The Official #1 Tennessee vs Notre Dame Super Regional Games Thread (Fri 6/10 6PM EST ESPN 2) ( Sat. 6/11 2PM EST ESPN ) (Sun. 6/12 1PM EST ESPN)

I wish I could hug all of our players and give them a personal THANK YOU.

I'm taking a break for a few days until the drivebys leave. I'm sure the rest of the college baseball world is taking great pleasure in our season ending. Whatever.

I'll be preparing stuff to post here about the upcoming draft and our players.

Until later... 🧡

Really can't wait to see your stuff when you post it, Gal! Keep the chin up. We'll get em next year!!

After what happened Friday night and more undisciplined sloppy play today I’m glad we lost I don’t wanna team full of cocky bratty bad sportsmanship jerks being rewarded! CTV and players made way too many mistakes because they are cocky and undisciplined! You get what you deserve! If we made it to Omaha and lost it would be not as bad, but to lose the way we did to that team proves Vols need to work on A LOT to be a champion! Drew Gilbert would never play for me again unless he matures, upper classmen must be better! I’m not heartbroken or feel any pity for them at all! Go play ball, execute and don’t be stupid!

I told my son the same thing. They were cocky and undisciplined.

Just wanted to win it all. I really thought we had the team to do it.

I know how you feel. I think being the #1 overall seed in baseball is a curse. It’s like being the returning Super Bowl champs in the NFL. You are going to get everyone’s absolute best. We did have the team to do it. It just didn’t happen.

I know how you feel. I think being the #1 overall seed in baseball is a curse. It’s like being the returning Super Bowl champs in the NFL. You are going to get everyone’s absolute best. We did have the team to do it. It just didn’t happen.
We absolutely had the team to do it. Losing this series at home is inexcusable. No one has to tell this team that. Hopefully this run is just getting started.

Made the mistake of checking Twitter to try to find Vitello’s quotes from the postgame, and I was immediately greeted with several tweets from the national media laughing at our guys, mocking them, and calling them classless. I expect this kind of stuff from opposing fans, but the journalistic unprofessionalism that is being displayed by some (not all) members of the national media right now just makes me sick

Sports journalists are inky wretches. Generally a classless bunch of losers.

University is just straight up cursed until I see other wise. Notre Dame goes 0-2 in Omaha

The first-round matchup is going to be tough if it's Texas. Oklahoma's offense is red hot lately, but all things considered, compared to the bottom half of the bracket, Notre Dame stands a decent shot of making it to the championship series if they can sneak out of that first game. Potential for 3 SEC teams in the bottom half of the bracket (all 3 currently lead 1-0 in their series).

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Tough loss. Heartbreaking really. I don't understand why Vol fans were surprised ND hit a lot of homers. They play their home games, especially the early ones, in Northern Indiana. In a much larger stadium than Lindsey Nelson, Which also has a wind blowing off a lake. They were like an invasive species with no natural predators the past 3 games. Especially games 1 and 3.

VN Store

Back