National Average Price of Gasoline Hits an All-Time High

It’s not a shortage of getting it out of the ground so much as a refining capacity shortage. Why would refiners expand capacity with the administration promising to end the industry?

Today I learned that Is the first admin to be unfriendly to the oil industry. Good thing we have all the refinaries under construction from the Trump and Bush(s) administration.

Keep carrying Biden’s water.

Keep feigning butthurt over sh*t he has little control over. Like I said, lots of reasons to trash the idiot - shoehorning the $5 a gallon gas into his sh*t show isn't one of them.

Do you notice a theme amongst those countries? Maybe a single person or small group in power that needs to throw something at the hordes to keep them in check and keep their wealth intact? I'm fine with being an outlier.

I can’t help that most nations with large oil reserves are controlled by douchebags but high US gas prices aren’t just a product of federal and state taxes

Reactions: StarRaider
Keep feigning butthurt over sh*t he has little control over. Like I said, lots of reasons to trash the idiot - shoehorning the $5 a gallon gas into his sh*t show isn't one of them.
Did you watch the Kimmel interview? They brought up gas prices and he said if we can get diabetes medication to $35 a month that the high cost of fuel would be negated.

I don't blame him for the circumstances that caused this. I blame him for his response. Dude has no plan.

Did you watch the Kimmel interview? They brought up gas prices and he said if we can get diabetes medication to $35 a month that the high cost of fuel would be negated.

I don't blame him for the circumstances that caused this. I blame him for his response. Dude has no plan.

Septic has a bad case of buyers remorse.

What would you do?

He's opened up more gas leases and the strategic oil reserve.

Genuinely curious as to what specifically can be done or what could have been done two years ago that would have kept gas prices low. Yelling about how unfriendly he is to the oil industry is just a talking point.

What specifically can he do now or what could he have done two years ago to ensure refineries wouldn't be the bottleneck in the supply chain?

Ho Lee Crap. I hope that isn't our future.
Wasn't Ho Lee Crap the name of the chinese plane pilot that crashed?
I read a story that there are stations in WA state that are modifying the store signs for XX.XX9

Last edited:
Reactions: McDad
Wasn't Ho Lee Crap the name of the chinese plane pilot that crashed?
I read a story that there are stations in WA state that are modifying the store signs for XX.XX9

edit it was Ho Le F_k

That's my inspiration for my exclamation.

Reactions: StarRaider
That's my inspiration for my exclamation.
Days earlier, KTVU news director Lee Rosenthal was crowing about how good his news operation had performed.

'Being first on air and on every platform in all aspects of our coverage was a great accomplishment, but being 100% accurate, effectively using our great sources and social media without putting a single piece of erroneous information on our air, is what we are most proud of as a newsroom.'

I did a search and as far as I can tell - sadly there was never a VNPF thread, and that is a shame.

Reactions: McDad
What would you do?

He's opened up more gas leases and the strategic oil reserve.

Genuinely curious as to what specifically can be done or what could have been done two years ago that would have kept gas prices low. Yelling about how unfriendly he is to the oil industry is just a talking point.

What specifically can he do now or what could he have done two years ago to ensure refineries wouldn't be the bottleneck in the supply chain?
I would have made sure that as the economy re-opened that the refineries came back on line.

I don't think it is to late to still do this.

I would have made sure that as the economy re-opened that the refineries came back on line.

I don't think it is to late to still do this.
There's a problem there, they laid off 130,000 workers and only about 100k came back.

Several noted they were tired of the volatility in the industry and got new careers. A lot of them retired. Apparently roughnecks is a pretty mature group of workers.

There's a problem there, they laid off 130,000 workers and only about 100k came back.

Several noted they were tired of the volatility in the industry and got new careers. A lot of them retired. Apparently roughnecks is a pretty mature group of workers.

That is a very high paying industry, people don’t just walk away from high paying jobs like those for data processing or Home Depot. The vast majority of new jobs “created” were in the service industry and most oil industry workers, especially in the field, don’t have skills that translate into other high paying careers in other unrelated industries.

Reactions: Sandman 423
That is a very high paying industry, people don’t just walk away from high paying jobs like those for data processing or Home Depot. The vast majority of new jobs “created” were in the service industry and most oil industry workers, especially in the field, don’t have skills that translate into other high paying careers in other unrelated industries.
North American oil companies scramble to find workers despite boom

Looks like I way undershot it, 100k.less workers not 30k less

Reactions: McDad and Septic
Kind of hard to do that when you start your term still emphasizing the dangers of Covid.

Maybe but I don't think the guys working in this field were the cupcakes that worried too much about what Joe was selling. By then (and now) people have figured out that the danger was oversold.

VN Store

Back