The Golf Thread

Went and got fitted for a new driver yesterday. Ended up with the ping g 425 max. I don’t see how this is legal, yesterday on the simulator and this morning on the range it just doesn’t miss the fairway.

Went and got fitted for a new driver yesterday. Ended up with the ping g 425 max. I don’t see how this is legal, yesterday on the simulator and this morning on the range it just doesn’t miss the fairway.
I’m still hitting the G400. It’s not the longest Driver I’ve hit, but it’s easily the most accurate. It’s like you can’t miss the middle of the club face.

So I’m curious for all the golfers in here.

Y’all interlock, overlap, or both?

I started with interlock, was told to change to overlap and have been using that for about 5 years, but I feel like my hands work very independent of each other. I’m thinking about switching back to interlock to get my hands working together again.

I started with interlock, was told to change to overlap and have been using that for about 5 years, but I feel like my hands work very independent of each other. I’m thinking about switching back to interlock to get my hands working together again.
Overlap. I used to interlock when I was younger but I just don’t like the feel anymore.

Interlock, I don’t feel like I have control over the club face as well if I overlap.

Used them all with success….10 finger, overlap, and interlock. I think overlap is most comfortable but I tend to start missing left a lot with that grip. With interlock my short game is better and it seems to take away the hooks even though I can still hook it when I need to.

Used them all with success….10 finger, overlap, and interlock. I think overlap is most comfortable but I tend to start missing left a lot with that grip. With interlock my short game is better and it seems to take away the hooks even though I can still hook it when I need to.

I think you just sold me. Hooks are my miss, and they rear their ugly head a LOT, I’ve always felt like it was grip related. I’m thinking interlock might finally fix it.

Do whatever is comfortable. I overlap on the full swing and reverse overlap with the putter. Sometimes, people with smaller or weaker hands like 10 finger. There are a ton of good players (including Nicklaus and Woods) who have used interlock.

Do whatever is comfortable. I overlap on the full swing and reverse overlap with the putter. Sometimes, people with smaller or weaker hands like 10 finger. There are a ton of good players (including Nicklaus and Woods) who have used interlock.

I agree on comfortability, but I think any grip will become comfortable once you are used to it. Interlock was very comfortable for me, and now overlap is comfortable.

Overlap just feels detrimental to me now. It feels like my left hand is always fighting to keep the face open, and my right hand is always trying to shut it down. One always takes over the other just depending on the day and I’m super inconsistent.

Hoping interlock will bring back some consistency.

First LIV field announced. Pretty weak. Except for Dustin Johnson it’s a handful of old washed up has-beens and a bunch of nobodies that can’t make it on the PGA tour. Time will tell if it grows. But the field right now doesn’t attract me to watch it.

DeChambeau and Patrick Reed are going too supposedly.

Bryson DeChambeau, the 2020 U.S. Open Champion, is joining the LIV Golf Invitational Series, a source confirmed to ESPN on Wednesday.

Patrick Reed, the 2018 Masters champion, is also joining the LIV series, according to multiple reports.

DeChambeau and Reed are expected to compete in LIV Golf's first United States-based event, scheduled at Pumpkin Ridge in Portland, Oregon, from June 30-July 2.

A LIV Golf spokesperson declined comment.

"Bryson has always been an innovator," DeChambeau's agent, Brett Falkoff of GSE Worldwide, told ESPN on Wednesday. "Having the opportunity to get in on the ground floor of something unique has always been intriguing to him. Professional golf as we know it is changing, and it's happening quickly."

Source: DeChambeau to play in LIV Golf series

Not sure how connected this guy is, but

I think the PGA/R&A stick with those threats only if the list of players joining the league doesn't spread further from here.

What they are afraid of is having a bunch of good younger players who are in/near the prime of their careers leave. They couldn't care less about the Kevin Nas, Lee Westwoods, or even Phil Mickelsons, etc., of the world but having guys like Dustin Johnson and Bryson join gets their attention. If a couple more guys of that stature left, I bet they back off and instead start thinking about how to sweeten the arrangement between themselves and the players on Tour.

Reactions: OrangeSticks
I don’t get all the outrage.
It’s a classic case of taking a check while looking the other way. The tour is funded by the Saudi government. We hold our nose and do business with them because they’re a huge player in the oil market, but it’s a brutal oppressive regime. They’re completely loaded, but they’re also beating women and beheading journalists. That’s why sponsors are running for the hills as soon as players announce they playing LIV.

VN Store

Back