The Official #1 Tennessee vs Notre Dame Super Regional Games Thread (Fri 6/10 6PM EST ESPN 2) ( Sat. 6/11 2PM EST ESPN ) (Sun. 6/12 1PM EST ESPN)

I’m guessing we’ll stick with Blade for Game 1 and Dolly Game 2. I feel good about where we’re at bc Blade is getting stronger and stronger, and I’m sure Dolly will want some redemption on his last outing. This ND team isn’t a power team but they are pretty sound. They have a pretty dang good pitching staff. However, they haven’t played in a place like LNS with a chance for a trip to Omaha on the line. I also think seeing some good pitching will prepare us even more if (*when*) we get to Omaha.

But for the sake of us all, let’s hope we don’t sleep walk the first 3-4 innings like the last 2 games.

think of the awful clash

Yuck!
main-qimg-ede8760d1d873f39d88bfc510756257c-lq

Dang, their top 2 rotational starters are pretty darn good.

Yeah, notice that too. We are finding out about "good starters" lately. The old saying "good pitching beats good hitting" seems pretty true when it comes to our Vols. Now, on the other hand can you be much better than our middle relivers have been over the last few games?

ND is up to #6 in real-time RPI (1 spot above Vandy). I thought the #1 seed was supposed to have an easy path? At least they don’t mash like GT or the Camels!
GBO!

No such thing as an easy path in June. We're in the Super Regionals. You're going to face one of the 16-best teams in the country. Notre Dame doesn't scare me. A very good team, but we've handled very good teams all year. I'd rather face a team whose known for pitching over offense any way. Our lineup will keep us in any game against any pitcher. Tidwell/Dolly/Beam/Burns will have a less powerful lineup to deal with this weekend, which is good.

Dang, their top 2 rotational starters are pretty darn good.

Those stats are pretty impressive. Lots of Ks, low BAA - I'm a little surprised at the high RPI someone stated above. Their schedule shows them taking care of business against the avg teams and losing to the good teams. They were 2 games over .500 on the road, won the majority of their games at home and at neutral sites.

They have a pretty good pitching staff and they hit for average. Do not hit for power whatsoever. They only have 68 home runs on the season as a team. I would expect some lower scoring games this series compared to this regional.
I honestly thought we were pitched quite well in all 3 regional games until the late innings. It actually surprised me that Campbell and GT had some really good starting pitcher performances. I have to think that although ND has a good staff, they will be hard-pressed to duplicate the starters of Campbell and GT against us. I hate getting to these late-inning games with the outcome in doubt. You might be right, though. Could be low-scoring.

Those stats are pretty impressive. Lots of Ks, low BAA - I'm a little surprised at the high RPI someone stated above. Their schedule shows them taking care of business against the avg teams and losing to the good teams. They were 2 games over .500 on the road, won the majority of their games at home and at neutral sites.
They also had several games “cancelled due to weather”.

VN Store

Back