Tamba to the transfer portal

This is hilarious, because I had the exact same post typed out earlier, complete with Tinfoil Hat Warning ⚠️.

I deleted it before posting because I thought to myself, I've got a lot going on tonight and zero time or patience to defend my stance to thise who will stand in opposition.
Lol. The trick is to just lob that grenade and log off for the night!

So if I put on my tinfoil hat, could this have been the plan all along? Tamba might get more interest in the portal with “Tennessee” next to his name than he would have gotten if he was coming out of HS after another year with underwhelming stats. He also got a year of quality coaching. UT got an extra practice player on short notice and improved some connections. Plus we got a lottery ticket that didn’t pan out, but if it had it would have been nice. Seems like everybody won all the way around.
Huh. That would make me happy if so, and as has been said all over the place, his leaving is weird since he couldn’t have expected to play this year. I’m going to believe this in my head unless shown for sure otherwise cause it’s better than thinking he was dissatisfied or the coaches made a really bad evaul and cut their losses

Reading today on Basilio. Expectations are that Philips would start over Olivier if signed for this season. Possible one and done.

Reading today on Basilio. Expectations are that Philips would start over Olivier if signed for this season. Possible one and done.

Basillio is being Basillio here. Why would we bench our best returning post? IF Phillips is good enough to start, I’m sure he’d start at the 4 and ON at the 5, where he’s played a lot.

That said, nobody knows if Phillips is starting next year if he comes to UT.

Basillio is being Basillio here. Why would we bench our best returning post? IF Phillips is good enough to start, I’m sure he’d start at the 4 and ON at the 5, where he’s played a lot.

That said, nobody knows if Phillips is starting next year if he comes to UT.
As stated in another post, it wasn't Basilio saying it, it was Basilio echoing what Mark Griffin said on his show.

So if I put on my tinfoil hat, could this have been the plan all along? Tamba might get more interest in the portal with “Tennessee” next to his name than he would have gotten if he was coming out of HS after another year with underwhelming stats. He also got a year of quality coaching. UT got an extra practice player on short notice and improved some connections. Plus we got a lottery ticket that didn’t pan out, but if it had it would have been nice. Seems like everybody won all the way around.

I'm onboard. Seems like a fun conspiracy to me, and I've certainly heard crazier. Hell, you can read crazier on here basically anywhere in the FF...

I went to the Elton John concert tonight at TBA and as I was coming down the ramp after the show, i peaked into the windows at Pratt Pavilion. I could have sworn it was Tamba in there getting shots up.

I went to the Elton John concert tonight at TBA and as I was coming down the ramp after the show, i peaked into the windows at Pratt Pavilion. I could have sworn it was Tamba in there getting shots up.
Wouldn’t be unbelievable. Barnes wouldn’t shut a kid out of the facility.

Where did he say he was surprised?
There are usually some implicit undertones of surprise/shock/astonishment with that phrasing.

Y’all are being weird and pedantic.

I saw a player in the transfer portal getting shot up at 10:30 on a Friday night. I thought it was interesting. Not shocking or unbelievable or whatever. Y’all chill. Jeez
Pedantic isn’t a word in my vocabulary - looked it up and it’s quite applicable

Y’all are being weird and pedantic.

I saw a player in the transfer portal getting shots up at 10:30 on a Friday night. I thought it was interesting. Not shocking or unbelievable or whatever. Y’all chill. Jeez
To clarify, I wasn't insinuating that it was your actual intended implication. Just that I can see why it may have been interpreted as such.

Quite a drop.
I never said anything, but I was always found it odd that Tamba himself would want to play at UT. Obviously UT bball is a desirable destination, but no way he didn't know he would be a bench warmer. I personally don't believe he had a viable path to PT anytime soon. All of this said, he seems like a great kid, and I hope he's happy!

VN Store

Back