Tamba to the transfer portal

Hopefully he balls out at Weber State, I think he wanted the year here to work on his game while staying close to home. I think with his size he had a chance to really work into a potential starter, but I definitely think it was a longer path than what he'll face at Weber State.

I never said anything, but I was always found it odd that Tamba himself would want to play at UT. Obviously UT bball is a desirable destination, but no way he didn't know he would be a bench warmer. I personally don't believe he had a viable path to PT anytime soon. All of this said, he seems like a great kid, and I hope he's happy!
The hope was probably that a year spent at Tennessee would raise his profile from a perception standpoint. The goal was possibly that he would always transfer but transferring from Tennessee might open up some additional doors that may not have been available directly out of Catholic HS. Perhaps a favor for BMaze Elite.

The hope was probably that a year spent at Tennessee would raise his profile from a perception standpoint. The goal was possibly that he would always transfer but transferring from Tennessee might open up some additional doors that may not have been available directly out of Catholic HS. Perhaps a favor for BMaze Elite.
Do you think his profile was elevated due to his time here? Hard for me to imagine that it moved the needle, but what do I know?

Do you think his profile was elevated due to his time here? Hard for me to imagine that it moved the needle, but what do I know?

I think a year at UT has developed him into a better player than another year at Catholic would have. I mean if he has a good 3 years at Weber State he could grad transfer for another season at a P5 school too.

Or he could just go dominate at Weber State and get 30+ mpg and enjoy his time in college.

Yeah, it's tough to say. Weber State doesn't scream upgrade, so probably not. But who's to say what that profile actually was coming out of Catholic a year early. The year at Tennessee gave him more than another year at Catholic, both academically and athletically.

Yeah, it's tough to say. Weber State doesn't scream upgrade, so probably not. But who's to say what that profile actually was coming out of Catholic a year early. The year at Tennessee gave him more than another year at Catholic, both academically and athletically.
Very true.

Weber State is descent basketball program and has a lot to offer. It's a good place to be developed. Trail Brazers Damian Lillard (6x NBA All star) played there. He was a lottery pick (6th pick, 2012) and still in the NBA. The new Weber State coach, who was the bench coach for 16 years for Randy Rahe (winningest coach in Big Sky history), was previously the bench coach for 16 years. Tamba has probably made a very good decision.

Besides Utah and Ogden are drop dead gorgeous. Wonder if a 7 ft guy can snow board?

VN Store

Back