WNBA discussion thread?

Oh boy Sparks lose to the Fever

The day Liz Cambage made the statement that they were, basically, going to kick everyone's asses this year, I remember thinking how dumb it was to say that. Why do players run their mouths like that? Back in the day I would NEVER, EVER have even thought of giving opponents the motivation to make me look like a fool for not having the talent to back up the boasting.

The day Liz Cambage made the statement that they were, basically, going to kick everyone's asses this year, I remember thinking how dumb it was to say that. Why do players run their mouths like that? Back in the day I would NEVER, EVER have even thought of giving opponents the motivation to make me look like a fool for not having the talent to back up the boasting.
Fire Fisher now!

What I couldn't believe was that after Fisher had received so much criticism for his coaching -- so much that fans were calling for his head -- that the Sparks organization actually promoted him to GM/head coach.

Don’t care much for either player, but Taurasi has always just rubbed me the wrong way. Can’t stand her. Even now I can’t sit through and entire interview with her. She’s just so self involved and immature.

Still can’t pinpoint a single thing she’s done to advance the sport that didn’t also benefit her.

Whereas we see someone like Candace using her profile non-stop to inspire young women and girls. I love Candace’s PSA that’s been playing a lot recently about women leaders in sports that points out the rate at which women drop out of sports compared to men. 80% of female leaders played sports. That’s a huge stat and deserves all the air time it’s getting.

Pat Summitt didn’t just produce basketball players. She produced women leaders who are prepared to give back. Geno’s players are all about taking not about giving. I said what I said.
Exactly.

I know the Aces just beat Candace's team and all, but man...Becky Hammon is doing fantastic as head coach. At least one NBA front office has to be kicking themselves for not hiring her.

Fisher, on the other hand........

U need to understand that something is wrong with her.

I know the Aces just beat Candace's team and all, but man...Becky Hammon is doing fantastic as head coach. At least one NBA front office has to be kicking themselves for not hiring her.

Fisher, on the other hand........
To be fair she inherited a far better situation in the WNBA than the NBA teams (Portland, Orlando, and Washington) that she considered for. With that being said, she's doing a great job.

Reactions: LVsinceJV
Mystics need Rennia Davis. They had 19 rebounds total tonight. Pathetic. She could really help them. She’s way more versatile than Hines-Allen and a much better rebounder. Would compliment what Austin is doing as well.

Reactions: lvocd
My understanding is that she has zero interest in coaching in the college ranks.

and anyone actually following the game or womens basketball knew that when other programs tried to hire her. To people who just want to make points things like following the game don't matter.

Reactions: mlindsay
Mystics need Rennia Davis. They had 19 rebounds total tonight. Pathetic. She could really help them. She’s way more versatile than Hines-Allen and a much better rebounder. Would compliment what Austin is doing as well.

i've said the same thing with having her on our (i am a mystics fan) roster! she moves and cuts so well she would fit in. She would also fit in DC and love it trust me.

i've said the same thing with having her on our (i am a mystics fan) roster! she moves and cuts so well she would fit in. She would also fit in DC and love it trust me.

Yes, I was watching that game last night and just kept picturing where she could help them. Also think she could really benefit from the coaching there. He does a wonderful job with young players like her that need to grow their game a bit.

Already very impressed with the improvements Kira has made.

Yes, I was watching that game last night and just kept picturing where she could help them. Also think she could really benefit from the coaching there. He does a wonderful job with young players like her that need to grow their game a bit.

Already very impressed with the improvements Kira has made.

Look at Atkins and cloud and their developments. Steph Dolson went on to do big things and he recruited Kaleah Cooper and didn't want let her go in the trade

Welp, looks like Liz is finally getting cancelled for her tirade against Nigerians. Hopefully she steps away from the league, that girl is toxic.

Hadn't heard anything about her showing interest in the NCAA either, Darth might just be throwing shade at Kellie again.

False. Hammon was offered the Florida job a few years ago and strongly considered it for several days before ultimately passing on their lowball offer... lucky for us. It's clear Becky would have considered coaching in college in the right situation and for the right offer...

False. Hammon was offered the Florida job a few years ago and strongly considered it for several days before ultimately passing on their lowball offer... lucky for us. It's clear Becky would have considered coaching in college in the right situation and for the right offer...
What's false, that I wasn't familiar with the offer, or that you are throwing shade on Kellie? Regardless, something tells me that nowadays she'd have the pick of the litter on the women's or men's side if she wanted it (and if the price were right).

Reactions: Darth_Vol
U need to understand that something is wrong with her.

I do understand. Liz has been open about her depression and anxiety, and I don't think anyone would be surprised to learn someday she has struggled with some much deeper issues. The racist diatribe that ended her association with the Opals was a symptom of mental illness. I said a couple of years ago that I worry about her spiraling out of control and doing something really, really stupid that can't be taken back. And I'm not talking about words.

I hate for anyone to lose their job, but I honestly don't believe Fisher was ever going to get that franchise back to competing for championships. I never got the impression the players had confidence in their leader, which is the death knell for a team or program -- as we here know all too well. 😣

I hate for anyone to lose their job, but I honestly don't believe Fisher was ever going to get that franchise back to competing for championships. I never got the impression the players had confidence in their leader, which is the death knell for a team or program -- as we here know all too well. 😣
I'm really curious who the next permanent coach will be. That program's in need of some overhauling, bad!

VN Store

Back