If UT had to give up a tradition, which one?

I think playing Rocky Top after every score is a bit much now. Kinda wearing it out, especially with Heups offense. Not saying give it up but come up with something new after scores and save Rocky Top for beginning of games and after wins.
I also disagree. The more we score, the louder I get in singing Rocky Top. Perhaps, you haven’t been to a BaseVols game? Rocky Top after every run (or multiple runs on a play as the case may be). Awesome!

Reactions: Remy
I vote we don't give up anything and that Nebraska sucks it up and doesn't give up on the red balloons.
Seems very weak, woke and ESPN-ish of them to do that.
Heck, add a few white balloons in there with the red ones.
I'm sure we won't be looking for tOSU to give up anything RED.

Do Blue and Yellow as a separate release in support of Ukraine.

Do you wakeup every day just trying to find something to be mad about? Two seconds of research would have revealed the price/availability of helium is too high to make balloons viable this season. It's not woke. It's logic.

Vol Walk, I've just personally never found it interesting.
boo_this_man_half_baked.gif

Due to the Russian invasion of Ukraine, Nebraska has to give up the long standing tradition of releasing red balloons after the first TD of each home game.
Nebraska football suspending balloon tradition

My query to you Volnation - if UT had for whatever reason to give up a current standing tradition (for the sake of this argument let's say something we have done for at least 10 years...because we all know third down for what needs to go !!!) what tradition would you not be heartbroken to see leave? Why?

Conversely, is there a tradition so ingrained that it would make you question why you watch Volunteer football if dropped?

I would give up playing Alabama every year.

Reactions: OrangeBeachVol
I also disagree. The more we score, the louder I get in singing Rocky Top. Perhaps, you haven’t been to a BaseVols game? Rocky Top after every run (or multiple runs on a play as the case may be). Awesome!

No I have not. I bet it is awesome. I wasn't suggesting to stop doing it, but change when at FB games, but I see that was not popular. OK I withdraw my suggestion.

Due to the Russian invasion of Ukraine, Nebraska has to give up the long standing tradition of releasing red balloons after the first TD of each home game.

My query to you Volnation - if UT had for whatever reason to give up a current standing tradition (for the sake of this argument let's say something we have done for at least 10 years...because we all know third down for what needs to go !!!) what tradition would you not be heartbroken to see leave? Why?

Conversely, is there a tradition so ingrained that it would make you question why you watch Volunteer football if dropped?
The Woo is the only answer..

DaddyChad has it right, eliminate annual Bama and Florida loses. Additionally, I applaud Nebraska for dropping the red balloons. Here's why: <Link 1> <link 2>

Awaiting being condemned for daring to post this.

The 125 cheerleaders who run through the T.

Reactions: IndianaVol
I think playing Rocky Top after every score is a bit much now. Kinda wearing it out, especially with Heups offense. Not saying give it up but come up with something new after scores and save Rocky Top for beginning of games and after wins.

No, no, and no

The 125 cheerleaders who run through the T.
AGREE - running through the T should be reserved for players, coaches, special visitors (have seen veterans and active military allowed to run), and maybe one or two cheerleaders / flag bearers at the lead.

How the hell did someone connect those dots that Nebraska is having to give that up?

VN Store

Back