Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Should have just loaded the box in the UPS Store bathroom. And made a very big deal of it before and after entering said bathroom.
I found it quite hilarious that it has a keep upright warning, but the pre-paid shipping is via UPS. You might as well put that ish in the paint shaker at Home Depot.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">For a few moments this morning the BBC News ticker said the words “Manchester United are rubbish.” <a href="https://t.co/wb0CGcYYS9">pic.twitter.com/wb0CGcYYS9</a></p>&mdash; Scott Bryan (@scottygb) <a href="">May 24, 2022</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

This may be the most incredible interview I’ve ever seen. Jimbo is right when he says Saban is just mad that he’s losing his competitive advantage, but when they ask him about the ATM class he goes off the rails. Only one player got NIL? So either the rest of those 5 stars came to Aggieland because they like the male cheerleaders or they got straight up paid the old fashioned way. The body language and affect is just amazing. He even waves off his SID when they try to pull the plug on the interview “I got this!”

😂😂😂 Yes, Jimbo flubbed it. The true part is, as you said, "Jimbo is right when he says Saban is just mad that he’s losing his competitive advantage."

Saban knows that what he himself did was almost exactly what he is accusing Jimbo of. The difference is that what Jimbo did appears to have been legal (NIL), but when Saban did it every year -- beginning his very first year -- Saban was cheating.

Here is what BamaOnLine says about Saban's first class (he hadn't won anything yet) (he hadn't innovated in any way), and which is absolutely inconceivable without Saban slinging dirty money: "This group, despite the overall numerical ranking, was known as the best in Alabama’s history and their reputation has held its own over time."

7-6 (and three of those wins later forfeited to 4-9) (NCAA mid-season investigation, but the infraction later conveniently blamed on the previous coach). Fired from the NFL. No NIL. And that class. 🙄

Last edited:
rooting for the 3-6-6 model, by the way. Seems like the best, and the one that would allow us to play the most conference opponents, and get some new scenery.

Whatever happens, I just hope they don't try to hold neutral site games in Dallas, Atlanta, Houston, New Orleans, Nashville, Charlotte. I'm ok with rotating the SEC Championship, especially if we do end up implementing our own playoff. But I want to go see other campuses, and I want to host more fanbases.

I would venture to guess you would not quit unless somebody meaner than you (probably not too many of those people, LOL) MADE YOU
I give Tiger a hard time…and admit I’ve never been a fan…..but the man is a machine that I have the utmost respect for. And not just his game. He’s changed as a person and it benefits everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back