‘23 IL WR Carnell Tate (Ohio State commit)

Several 4 stars. Crazy thing is every single member of their class is from TX. That state just has so much talent in it.
I’m aware. 😏 Joey McGuire started his coaching career the year I arrived in DFW. Didn’t think he’d transform Texas Tech’s recruiting THIS drastically before he’d even coached a down in Lubbock.

With the way the portal is and the way top talent transfer now it can be done in a hurry. 2025 is 3 season from now not saying yea or nay to the ideal but a long way from stellar is not as far as it use to be jmo.

I don't believe our offensive line is a long way away from being stellar. Our d-line could definitely use some work, though! By the time the 25 season gets here, our 4 and possibly five-star d-linemen will give us a stellar d-line, which opens the door for championships. JMO

I’m aware. 😏 Joey McGuire started his coaching career the year I arrived in DFW. Didn’t think he’d transform Texas Tech’s recruiting THIS drastically before he’d even coached a down in Lubbock.
Just got back from that area. Nice place. I was in Richardson. Lots of money there.

I don't believe our offensive line is a long way away from being stellar.
That's just ludicrous. It's been about 20 years since we've had a stellar offensive line, and this year's offensive line is likely to be worse than last years, which was not good at all. I wish that weren't the case, but every year around the May to July timeframe our fan base gets full blown delusions of grandeur about a great offensive line suddenly materializing out of nowhere.

Reactions: CAVPUT
That's just ludicrous. It's been about 20 years since we've had a stellar offensive line, and this year's offensive line is likely to be worse than last years, which was not good at all. I wish that weren't the case, but every year around the May to July timeframe our fan base gets full blown delusions of grandeur about a great offensive line suddenly materializing out of nowhere.
we return 4/5 ol starters and mays was out of the season for what felt like 75% of the year

not really

Lol. Not close. Dooley had an NFL OL.

12 in nation in rushing seems better than not good at all.

You're ludicrous for not believing our o-line can be stellar in a couple years with the new NIL and Good seasons/recruiting classes we've began having. JMO

We are so lucky to have people to remind us how ludicrous it is to not realize we are going to suck forever.

the days of lines just obliterating people off the ball are few and far between. Georgia and Bammer being the exceptions.

How long is the guy gonna tate?

1r6yho.jpg

the days of lines just obliterating people off the ball are few and far between. Georgia and Bammer being the exceptions.

Yeah, the game has changed. We will never see lines like we had in the 90's because, well, no one does.

Last year's unit was good when healthy, and I think they'll be better this year. We'll find out. I am confident in Heupel scheming the most efficiency out of the situation either way.

Yep. Every year it's the same. Guess that's why fan is short for fanatic. Hey, sometimes the stars align and a position turns out to be better than expected. Maybe this year the OL will turn out to be above average and that's all we need? I'm not expecting any position to be "stellar" because of our rankings in recruiting, but with this system of offense, maybe above average is good enough?

Reactions: cobbwebb0710
I watched Kyler Kerbyson's YT video after he attended one of the spring scrimmages. He said the overall jump from last spring to this spring was insane and was giddy about how good the Oline looked.

I enjoy KK’s YT channel. He reminds me of a motorcycle cop with that mustache.

VN Store

Back