‘23 IL WR Carnell Tate (Ohio State commit)

ND has given up
O$U is to far behind
LSU creeped him out.

Vols for the win folks!

How is OSU 'to far out"???? I wish that were so but it simply is not so.......247 still has them 100% with no new crystal balls. I do think that since Inniss and Rogers are projected in for them that maybe Tate, if they lose him, would not be that great a loss. JMO

How is OSU 'to far out"???? I wish that were so but it simply is not so.......247 still has them 100% with no new crystal balls. I do think that since Inniss and Rogers are projected in for them that maybe Tate, if they lose him, would not be that great a loss. JMO
Tate is going to go where either Nico or Moore is going. That’s not OSU. Those CBS are old as well. Most recent was a very low confidence level from an ND homer who has 15 predictions total

we continue to feel good about where Tennessee sits with Carnell Tate but Ohio State is swinging for the fences late. We honestly think Tate could make a decision at any time between now and mid June. He really wants to have a moment so something from left field in terms of doing it without telling everyone the date is a real possibility

- VQ

So I just said I think he’s a silent and stand by that. I don’t claim to be an insider but in this case I’ve been led to believe he filmed a commitment video while in town last weekend (and if I had to bet I’d say he’s got an interview with AP on film as well). The above makes me think that’s the case but OSU won’t stop until at the very least he’s gone public. In fact AP said on Josh and Swain a few days ago that teams are trying to get him to push his decision /announcement back, so reading the tea leaves I think all of that lines up. Especially since he told Matt Ray that he’s not planning on anymore visits before he announces.

Adding him would put us at currently at #4 on 247 team rankings, ahead of uga, Ohio state, usc, and alabama, and only behind notre dame, Texas tech, and Penn state. Would also put our average rating at 91.674, which would put us currently at 12th in that metric. Historically (last 5 years), assuming you sign 20 or more, an average rating of 90 puts you anywhere between 8 and 15 for team rankings. 91 correlates to 5-10. 92 correlates to 3-7. 93 to 1-5. 94 to top 3. The last 5 number 1 classes had an average of 94.91, 94.99, 92.95, 94.38, 94.23. A team has only ever had an average rating above 95 and that was alabama last year with the #2 class. The most 5 stars ever signed in a class was 8 by Texas A&M last year with the #1 class. Prior to that the record was 7, set by UGA in 2018 with the #1 class, matched only twice since (exclusive of tamu last year) by bama and ohio state both in 2021 with the #1 and 2 classes respectively. Needless to say top talent is only further concentrating at the top as the wealth disparity of talent widens among fbs national contenders. With it being the first full year of The NIL landscape, I’d think it is a crucial year to set your mark and create or cement a reputation as a championship contender and top talent acquirer. Hope we get this kid.

I should probably do my job but it’s Friday so there you go.

Adding him would put us at currently at #4 on 247 team rankings, ahead of uga, Ohio state, usc, and alabama, and only behind notre dame, Texas tech, and Penn state. Would also put our average rating at 91.674, which would put us currently at 12th in that metric. Historically (last 5 years), assuming you sign 20 or more, an average rating of 90 puts you anywhere between 8 and 15 for team rankings. 91 correlates to 5-10. 92 correlates to 3-7. 93 to 1-5. 94 to top 3. The last 5 number 1 classes had an average of 94.91, 94.99, 92.95, 94.38, 94.23. A team has only ever had an average rating above 95 and that was alabama last year with the #2 class. The most 5 stars ever signed in a class was 8 by Texas A&M last year with the #1 class. Prior to that the record was 7, set by UGA in 2018 with the #1 class, matched only twice since (exclusive of tamu last year) by bama and ohio state both in 2021 with the #1 and 2 classes respectively. Needless to say top talent is only further concentrating at the top as the wealth disparity of talent widens among fbs national contenders. With it being the first full year of The NIL landscape, I’d think it is a crucial year to set your mark and create or cement a reputation as a championship contender and top talent acquirer. Hope we get this kid.

They don’t call it Fk around Friday for nothing!

Great data, thank you.

Reactions: VOLSONLY
So I just said I think he’s a silent and stand by that. I don’t claim to be an insider but in this case I’ve been led to believe he filmed a commitment video while in town last weekend (and if I had to bet I’d say he’s got an interview with AP on film as well). The above makes me think that’s the case but OSU won’t stop until at the very least he’s gone public. In fact AP said on Josh and Swain a few days ago that teams are trying to get him to push his decision /announcement back, so reading the tea leaves I think all of that lines up. Especially since he told Matt Ray that he’s not planning on anymore visits before he announces.

VN Store

Back