Next yr starting 5

Not in the rotation at all, unless there are multiple injuries... And that is why this team will be better. Tess, Suarez, and Striplin may struggle to find minutes in tight games as well.

I would encourage a redshirt year to completely rework Wynn's shot; it's a mess.
These players will not struggle for minutes or be thrown under the bus because we are somewhat getting better players.
They was here during the meltdown or rebuilding times, we're not all that cute yet.

The only cluck here is you. Just a couple years ago y’all was saying she couldn’t recruit before she landed the 2019 class 😂 now that she’s won a couple she can now finally recruit but can’t coach? I can’t wait to hear your excuses next year. This will certainly be bookmarked.
You somehow feel that “bookmarking” something is threatening?? Is that like it being put on my permanent record? Or maybe being placed on double secret probation?
BT way y’all was saying is incorrect, the appropriate word is were not was. I am going to bookmark that!

How about for the first non-conference game...

Jordan H at the point
Sara and Tess on the wings
Tamari and Karoline in the post

Mix a 1-3-1 zone in with a 2-3 zone.

Work in the new blood with Marta as we move along thru the year.

Rickea Jackson did not transfer here to come off the bench. Neither did Powell. And I'm gonna guess that neither did Franklin.

I think the obvious is that we will start Jordan Horston, Tamari Key, Rickea Jackson, and probably Jasmine Powell at the Point. The question is do we play Rickea at the 4 or the 3. If she is at the 4, Horston can play either the 2 or the 3 position and we can either go with another ball handler at the 2 or a shooter at the 3. If they start Rickea at the 3 spot, there will be a battle for that power forward position between Puckett, Suarez, and Franklin if healthy. Heck, I would love to see what the lineup would look like with Horston at the point, Pissott and Jackson in the 2 & 3 spots, Hollingshed at the 4, and Key at the 5. 4 McDonald All Americans with a 6-7 defensive player of the year candidate anchoring the middle. The lineup would be huge and the 2,3,4 spots could play positionless basketball and create matchup nightmares. To me, that would be interesting. I don't know if we would be fast enough with that lineup, but interesting at 6-7, 6-5, 6-4, 6-2 and 6-2 say what???. No one in the country can match that size. That would be one big zone defense that no one could see over.

I like the way you think.

You somehow feel that “bookmarking” something is threatening?? Is that like it being put on my permanent record? Or maybe being placed on double secret probation?
BT way y’all was saying is incorrect, the appropriate word is were not was. I am going to bookmark that!

u and these SC fans😂 lol@ I'm going to bookmark that 😂👀😂

The only cluck here is you. Just a couple years ago y’all was saying she couldn’t recruit before she landed the 2019 class 😂 now that she’s won a couple she can now finally recruit but can’t coach? I can’t wait to hear your excuses next year. This will certainly be bookmarked.

This is a Tennessee board and a Tennessee thread discussing Tennessee's next starting five. There is a thread for non-Tennessee WBB lurkers and interlopers. If you have something to say about another team, say it there. On this thread, I don't care what any fan of any other team thinks, feels, says, or writes. If Lucy says that Dawn isn't a great game coach, that's good enough for me. An alien threatening to bookmark a Tennessee fan on a Tennessee thread is blasphemous and unacceptable. Now Cluck Off.

No! Anything but that!!

4ba455b7-84ef-4e0f-90e1-ffaf472133cd_text.gif

Rickea Jackson did not transfer here to come off the bench. Neither did Powell. And I'm gonna guess that neither did Franklin.

Again, I'm just going with the ones I've seen which isn't a bad group. Whatever parts of the new group who improve the team just makes it better for everyone. Wish we could find enough shooters to average making 8-10 three pointers per game. We are behind the times in that one area.

Reactions: youcancallmeAl
Again, I'm just going with the ones I've seen which isn't a bad group. Whatever parts of the new group who improve the team just makes it better for everyone. Wish we could find enough shooters to average making 8-10 three pointers per game. We are behind the times in that one area.
I hear you when it comes to the three point shooting. I wish that were so, too. But I don't think it's in the cards. We have Pissott coming in, but just a freshman. The consolation is: We rebound so well that a missed three pointer more often than not just becomes a pass to the inside for an easy two.

I hear you when it comes to the three point shooting. I wish that were so, too. But I don't think it's in the cards. We have Pissott coming in, but just a freshman. The consolation is: We rebound so well that a missed three pointer more often than not just becomes a pass to the inside for an easy two.

Yes, our offensive rebounding is a huge plus. We'll have good size and length again for the 2022-2023 season.

I frequently read comments re improving three point shooting without any desired statistics

correcting my error in 2020-21 Iowa women took 709 threes made 289 and made 40.% Their 0pponents 34.5% 250

Clark 116 of 286 40%

Arkansas 809 259 32%

Rameriz 78 194 48%

Tenn 495 147 29.7 % Opponents 811 227 .280

Darby 49 128 38% Burrell only 33% down from 40% previous year

(if,but, whatever one more made per game with same number of shots would be 36%

Interesting stat Lady Vols opponents and Arkansas were more prolific than Iowa by 100 shots.

The question is with the LVs having a strong post presence next year do you expect more shots per game?

Last edited:
I frequently read comments re improving three point shooting without any desired statistics

Iowa women took 709 threes made 289 and made 40.% Their 0pponents 34.5% 250

Clark 116 of 286 40%

Arkansas 809 259 32%

Rameriz 78 194 48%

Interesting stat Lady Vols opponents and Arkansas were more prolific than Iowa by 100 shots.

The question is with the LVs having a strong post presence next year do you expect more shots per game?

Remember that shooting 33% for threes is same as 50% for twos, and 50% ain't bad.

Reactions: krichunaka
Rennie was brought in to be a 3 pt shooter but has never worked out. Was wondering if Kelly just missed on her or was she just needing bodies at the time and took a chance? I remember Brown was on the team at that time and was an Aussie so maybe she recommended Jessie to her. Guess she just does not have the skills for SEC BB but seems to be happy just being here. Free education and gets to travel with team. Not bad for college life. .

Rennie was brought in to be a 3 pt shooter but has never worked out. Was wondering if Kelly just missed on her or was she just needing bodies at the time and took a chance? I remember Brown was on the team at that time and was an Aussie so maybe she recommended Jessie to her. Guess she just does not have the skills for SEC BB but seems to be happy just being here. Free education and gets to travel with team. Not bad for college life. .

Yeah. I thought she might move on, but seems happy I guess. Unsure if there is still hope for Rennie, or not.

She looks to have a good outside shot in warmups. But, appears to have other liabilities. And, smaller than Tess.

Clark 116 of 286 40%

The numbers you post for Iowa are actually from the 20-21 season. This past season Clark hit a sophomore slump at least in terms of her three point shooting and didn't shoot nearly as well as her first season. As a result, Iowa's team three point shooting was down significantly as well...

Clark 116 of 286 40%

Arkansas 809 259 32%

Rameriz 78 194 48%

Yes, I would expect more shots next year.

What were the 3-point numbers for Belmont this year? As you say, I have no specific goals. Just know that we are playing the style of ball that worked for us 25 years ago.

Now days, teams realize that the worst shot you can take is basically a 15-17 foot 2-point shot. We need to improve our shot selection to get more at the rim and more from 3-land. Will be interested to see what style player CKH has recruited.

VN Store

Back