Next yr starting 5

Franklin is unproven playing against top competition night in and night out in the Missouri Valley Conference. Playing Power 5 teams night in and night out wears on players mentally and physically. Comparing the two players is very unfair. Tamari has played against the physicality of the SEC for 3 years and against top strength of schedule opponents. Jasmine Franklin has not no matter what her stats were. Alexis Dye's stats were 16.6 pts and 12.6 rebounds and player of the year accomplishments in a similar style league that Franklin is coming out of, but that did not translate when playing with much more talented players against much more talented players. Alexis's stats were decent, but not gawdy. Before anyone says Jasmine Franklin is going to be this or that while at Tennessee, maybe we should let her play a game or two. She will be suiting up with 4 high school all Americans on our Lady Vol Team as well as a roster loaded with top 50 talent. You don't get nearly the opportunities to score or rebound as much when your teammates are doing more of the lifting at every position.

LOL. You are delusional in your assessment of the quality of play in D1 conferences. I don't remember us dominating Southern Illinois and Belmont last year. How is that possible given both were or will be MVC yeams next year? Drake, 7th in MVC, went on the road in WNIT and beat Mizzou. Something South Carolin a did not do. Not suggesting MVC is nearly as good as SEC. But I am suggesting that your assessment of the quality of play outside of the SEC is delusional. See ya sometime if you ever come back to the real world. I hope all the Kool-Ade you drank tasted good!

Last edited:
LOL. You are delusional in your assessment of the quality of play in D1 conferences. I don't remember us dominating Southern Illinois and Belmont last year. How is that possible given both were or will be MVC yeams next year? Drake, 7th in MVC, went on the road in WNIT and beat Mizzou. Something South Carolin a did not do. Not suggesting MVC is nearly as good as SEC. But I am suggesting that your assessment of the quality of play outside of the SEC is delusional. See ya sometime if you ever come back to the real world. I hope all the Kool-Ade you drank tasted good!
Mizzou is not that great of an example considering 3-5 players were suspended a huge part of the season, and you could tell most did not care to be there as the season progressed. Did you notice the transfer portal? One game here and there doesn't make a season and when you put the name Tennessee on the front of that jersey, everyone gives you their best effort. A win against Tennesse is a signature win for any program in the country. The physicality, strength and speed of the players of the SEC and MVC are very very different and if you dont realize that, you must be the one funneling the Cool-aid. I hope Jasmine has an amazing year, but she will be attempting to score against much bigger stronger players in the paint and when it comes to rebounding, it won't be just against the opponent, it will be against her teammates. The Lady Vols send 4 to boards and finished number 2 in the country last year.

Mizzou is not that great of an example considering 3-5 players were suspended a huge part of the season, and you could tell most did not care to be there as the season progressed. Did you notice the transfer portal? One game here and there doesn't make a season and when you put the name Tennessee on the front of that jersey, everyone gives you their best effort. A win against Tennesse is a signature win for any program in the country. The physicality, strength and speed of the players of the SEC and MVC are very very different and if you dont realize that, you must be the one funneling the Cool-aid. I hope Jasmine has an amazing year, but she will be attempting to score against much bigger stronger players in the paint and when it comes to rebounding, it won't be just against the opponent, it will be against her teammates. The Lady Vols send 4 to boards and finished number 2 in the country last year.

I'm gonna assume Franklin will play the four for this discussion. Are the other fours in the SEC that much bigger and stronger - and more athletic - than she is? If you're assuming she'll play the five, then I agree with you about bigger and stronger opponents. But if we're talking the four position, then I might disagree.

Guess she’s going to out talent everybody again next year then huh? 🤣
NOPE! Not Tennessee!
ALSKI
tennesseekoolaid.gif

I think it may be dependent upon who we play, but I do think out of the players returning, Jordan H. And Tamari K. are locks in the starting lineup. The other two that started a season Walker and Darby may have roles coming off the bench this season, but I wouldn't count them out. All i know is there are an awful lot of possible combinations of players over 6 foot that would be able to play 2,3 and 4 spots as needed. It is a good problem to have if they can keep everyone happy and they are willing to do whatever it takes to win basketball games.

Is Walker coming back? I thought she used was playing as a graduate student last season?

How about for the first non-conference game...

Jordan H at the point
Sara and Tess on the wings
Tamari and Karoline in the post

Mix a 1-3-1 zone in with a 2-3 zone.

Work in the new blood with Marta as we move along thru the year.

How about for the first non-conference game...

Jordan H at the point
Sara and Tess on the wings
Tamari and Karoline in the post

Mix a 1-3-1 zone in with a 2-3 zone.

Work in the new blood with Marta as we move along thru the year.

How about no. We should start our best players. Some of your faves will come off the bench or play sparingly.

How about no. We should start our best players. Some of your faves will come off the bench or play sparingly.

Just going with the players I know. Haven't seen enough film of the new LV's to judge them yet. Brooklynn (sp?) and Marta are also in the mix.

We should have enough bodies this time to not fade down the stretch.

Last year, we never truly recovered from losing Green. Then, also without Jordan H, not enough firepower.

Just going with the players I know. Haven't seen enough film of the new LV's to judge them yet. Brooklynn (sp?) and Marta are also in the mix.

We should have enough bodies this time to not fade down the stretch.

Last year, we never truly recovered from losing Green. Then, also without Jordan H, not enough firepower.

You can look up videos and stats of Rickea Jackson, Jasmine Powell and Jasmine Franklin. They have good numbers against good competition. Jackson would start on any team in the country.

This will be bookmarked.
Okay. You shouldn’t be insulted that I don’t think DS is the best coach that ever lived in every aspect of recruiting, game coaching, player development, offensive and defensive strategy, staff recruitment, development and retention, chemical engineering as it relates to various brands of basketballs and of course master seamstress for various participation banners.

You can look up videos and stats of Rickea Jackson, Jasmine Powell and Jasmine Franklin. They have good numbers against good competition. Jackson would start on any team in the country.
I think the obvious is that we will start Jordan Horston, Tamari Key, Rickea Jackson, and probably Jasmine Powell at the Point. The question is do we play Rickea at the 4 or the 3. If she is at the 4, Horston can play either the 2 or the 3 position and we can either go with another ball handler at the 2 or a shooter at the 3. If they start Rickea at the 3 spot, there will be a battle for that power forward position between Puckett, Suarez, and Franklin if healthy. Heck, I would love to see what the lineup would look like with Horston at the point, Pissott and Jackson in the 2 & 3 spots, Hollingshed at the 4, and Key at the 5. 4 McDonald All Americans with a 6-7 defensive player of the year candidate anchoring the middle. The lineup would be huge and the 2,3,4 spots could play positionless basketball and create matchup nightmares. To me, that would be interesting. I don't know if we would be fast enough with that lineup, but interesting at 6-7, 6-5, 6-4, 6-2 and 6-2 say what???. No one in the country can match that size. That would be one big zone defense that no one could see over.

Okay. You shouldn’t be insulted that I don’t think DS is the best coach that ever lived in every aspect of recruiting, game coaching, player development, offensive and defensive strategy, staff recruitment, development and retention, chemical engineering as it relates to various brands of basketballs and of course master seamstress for various participation banners.

No one ever said you did but it be nice if she got atleast a grain of respect. Yes I’m aware that this is a Tennessee board but spewing a lie saying Dawn can’t coach is incredibly ignorant and honestly has a jealous tone to it. Her win percentages from the last couple of season suggests she’s far better than an average coach and she’ll continue to prove that next season. Just watch.

I think the obvious is that we will start Jordan Horston, Tamari Key, Rickea Jackson, and probably Jasmine Powell at the Point. The question is do we play Rickea at the 4 or the 3. If she is at the 4, Horston can play either the 2 or the 3 position and we can either go with another ball handler at the 2 or a shooter at the 3. If they start Rickea at the 3 spot, there will be a battle for that power forward position between Puckett, Suarez, and Franklin if healthy. Heck, I would love to see what the lineup would look like with Horston at the point, Pissott and Jackson in the 2 & 3 spots, Hollingshed at the 4, and Key at the 5. 4 McDonald All Americans with a 6-7 defensive player of the year candidate anchoring the middle. The lineup would be huge and the 2,3,4 spots could play positionless basketball and create matchup nightmares. To me, that would be interesting. I don't know if we would be fast enough with that lineup, but interesting at 6-7, 6-5, 6-4, 6-2 and 6-2 say what???. No one in the country can match that size. That would be one big zone defense that no one could see over.

Due to our personnel, I could see her at the 3 or 4. I guess it will depend on who the final starter will be: Walker, Pissott, Puckett or Franklin.

We have lots of options, and who gets the most mins off the bench will probably depend on matchups. We can go big, go defensive or go tall. My preference would be to keep at least 3 players on the court at all times willing to shoot the open 3. We need to find ways to limit the doubles and give Key space. Pissott at the 4 with Key at 5 may help.

No one ever said you did but it be nice if she got atleast a grain of respect. Yes I’m aware that this is a Tennessee board but spewing a lie saying Dawn can’t coach is incredibly ignorant and honestly has a jealous tone to it. Her win percentages from the last couple of season suggests she’s far better than an average coach and she’ll continue to prove that next season. Just watch.
I said she “wasn’t a great game coach”. That is a far different thing than saying she can’t coach. I think she is an excellent recruiter and an average game coach but that is not enough for some of you clucks. So Before you call me ignorant (not) or jealous (laughably not) you should review what I actually said. Further note, John Wooden and Pat Summit do not roll over In their graves with worry about Dawn S eclipsing their place in the history of the game. You need to lighten up, she is not damn perfect!!😂😂😂

Reactions: Nickid1975
I said she “wasn’t a great game coach”. That is a far different thing than saying she can’t coach. I think she is an excellent recruiter and an average game coach but that is not enough for some of you clucks. So Before you call me ignorant (not) or jealous (laughably not) you should review what I actually said. Further note, John Wooden and Pat Summit do not roll over In their graves with worry about Dawn S eclipsing their place in the history of the game. You need to lighten up, she is not damn perfect!!😂😂😂

The only cluck here is you. Just a couple years ago y’all was saying she couldn’t recruit before she landed the 2019 class 😂 now that she’s won a couple she can now finally recruit but can’t coach? I can’t wait to hear your excuses next year. This will certainly be bookmarked.

VN Store

Back